the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead !
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kursk

#1: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: waldgangerLocation: FRANCE PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:05 pm
    —
No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!! I have a work and a family with two childrens !!!

I don't want sacrified my life for a simple play... 90% of the mod BoK is release : datas, graphics, sounds, music, exe and stratmap (big thank to my friend Pil) but i have a serious problem with the 44 maps : apparently Southernland don't want continue to make the maps : there is 5 -6 maps released and i 'm not a mapmaker (and I haven't the time...).

I have 2 solutions :

- to find 40 CC3 maps and recode them for CC5
- to find a new mapmaker
- Or I can create, paint and code 44 maps... and the mod will release in 5,6 or 7 years (perhaps...) ...

What do you think ?
Confused

#2:  Author: GS_SchimpfLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:31 pm
    —
Rather find 40 Maps from CC3. There are a lot of good maps, even some by SouthernLand.
Don't cancel your efforts!

#3:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:46 pm
    —
The battle of kursk would be most interesting. Hope you'll find maps or a map maker.

#4:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:59 am
    —
I sure know what you mean!! I think you should go ahead with CC3 maps. It would be a shame to waste all your work because the lack of new maps.

You can always update the mod in the future if you get new maps!!

Good Luck!

Cheers Mats Smile

#5: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:45 pm
    —
waldganger wrote:
No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!! I have a work and a family with two childrens !!!

I don't want sacrified my life for a simple play... 90% of the mod BoK is release : datas, graphics, sounds, music, exe and stratmap (big thank to my friend Pil) but i have a serious problem with the 44 maps : apparently Southernland don't want continue to make the maps : there is 5 -6 maps released and i 'm not a mapmaker (and I haven't the time...).

I have 2 solutions :

- to find 40 CC3 maps and recode them for CC5
- to find a new mapmaker
- Or I can create, paint and code 44 maps... and the mod will release in 5,6 or 7 years (perhaps...) ...

What do you think ?
Confused

Salut, ami!

Well,, the problem here is "simply" that you did maybe not took into account that a CC mod can be 80% based of ...maps.

A CC mod is:

1) If you think only about historic, data, etc..... 80% historical reasearch, stratmap, datas.... 4 to 6 month work.
2) If you want to go further, with improved graphics, sounds, etc.... at least 2 to 3 months more.
3) The maps? The maps are, unfortunately, maybe 30 to 60% (it is large but...) of the mod. After everything is OK you can
a.choose to use existing maps (including CC3 ones). It is a good -not the best- choice.
b. do your custom ones. I did it with SDK and I will -partly- do it again with SOC. Attila and Cathartes did it for GJS. The african mod makers (El Alamein, Africa 41...) did it as well.... Tejszd did it also partially for his fantastic Meuse Mod....

All I can tell you now is:

1) You have made a big work with your files. If you don't want to go further because of your family life, I don't think that Nobody here will take iot bad.
2) Your choice is now: Do I give up or do I go with CC3 maps or.... MY answer is a) Don't give up (Pyjager is however NOT the nickname of Peter Gabriel!!) b) Think about it. THere aree a lot of mapmakers here that can help you.

Don't think anyway that making a CC mod is easy and FAST. It is a 2 years full time work.

And this is really the reason why I will NEVER give up in face of some hackers -you know what I mean- who simply hack in 10 minutes the hard work of some peole who have spent years of their time to make a CC mod.

Simply as this.

IF YOU WANT SOME HELP TO PAINT YOUR KURSK MAPS, just tell me... anf find a maps coder please.

Cheers, très amicalement mon ami

Frédéric -Panzerjäger

#6:  Author: waldgangerLocation: FRANCE PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:24 am
    —
Thank you very much for your messages.

I think that each one among you holds a piece of the solution. I looked at maps CC3, much are beautiful and little known. Some can be easily modified in order to adapt them to the scenario of BoK.

Thank you Pzjäger, mon ami et camarade, for your proposition. I am not a mapmaker but I manage with PsP, I miss 2 or 3 concepts to make maps. If you agree, I will ask for some details to you (but I know that with SOC in preparation, after your superb SDK, your time must be precious) . With your help, I must be able to create some new maps.

BOK will continue and I hope that soon you will be able to play the biggest tanks battle with most mythical divisions of the panzerwaffe and of Red Army !!!

#7:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:48 pm
    —
Hi waldganger,

was the name of your mod in the past "Kursk 1943 - Zitadelle - Battle of the Voronezh Front" or is that another Kursk mod?

I think the community has many very good mapmaker and i think its possible to create some very good maps for the big tankbattles in kursk Smile

Will your mod have 40 or 44 maps?

Do you have some screenshots of the mod to give us a short impression Smile
But don´t work to fast like the big publisher and make a good mod for the great CC5 Smile

Can´t wait to play the biggest Tankbattle in the history!

Good luck!!! Smile

#8:  Author: lanimageden PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:57 pm
    —
Don't give up~~~

#9:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 pm
    —
Keep working on it, My Friend! Looking forward to this one!
Another alternative method would be to edit existing Russian maps. You'd still have to partially paint the map and recode it...but it's faster than creating maps from scratch...we're taking this route in BoS45 since no one in the team is a dedicated mapmaker.

#10:  Author: Incompetent_CommanderLocation: Portugal - Alentejo PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am
    —
Quote:
No, the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! But there is a life after CC !!!

Is there!!??? wow a life after CC, I could never conceive such an idea! (joke)
Just wanted to say - dont give up please. keep up the good work!

#11: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 pm
    —
I sent a message to waldganger and asked him about the mod, not sure if he still checks the site. I hope he releases a beta at least. I noticed that many mods have been initiated and never completed. Matrix Games should really support modders or hire them, I am reluctant to buy new products but rather like  to see new mods...

#12: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: SQUIDMAN PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am
    —
Sorry I can't add help, have tried in past to change maps. Failure!!!! But please keep trying, to finish!!!!!

#13: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:47 pm
    —
Are you waldganger?

What is your problem?

This mod must be FINISHED

#14: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 pm
    —
It would be very nice to have a mod without girly soldiers and mortars that somestimes even miss the target! Compared to that its a real pleasure to use the CCStarter and play a great CC5 mod again...

Mats

#15: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:23 pm
    —
NOT dead?

#16: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm
    —
I concur. What happened with it? Is there any hope left?

#17: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 pm
    —
TRY;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/kursk/

#18: Re: the mod Battle of KURSK is not dead ! Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am
    —
Maybe Matrixgames will produce Kursk by themself?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kursk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1