Can't re-install the game....:(
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Can't re-install the game....:( Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:38 am
    —
Hi everybody!

I wanted to re-install the game, so I tried deleting it first...
I tried through the control panal a few times and even though it said that the program was removed successfully, it wasn't, I tried agin for a couple of times and nada.
So I deleted it manually (shift+del) and now I can't install the game because for some strange reason it is still detected on the computer...

Anybody has any idea for what I can do...?

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:51 am
    —
Open regedit and delete everything related to close combat.
Then reinstall install the 5.01 and take a backup of it, so if something happens, you won't need to allways reinstall it.

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:53 am
    —
Use regedit, search and delete all "Close Combat" entries in the registry.

#4:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 am
    —
first of all, thanks for the help both of you, but, still no luck. I might just not know how to work with regedit though...

I used start->run->rededit
than edit->find->close combat
than I tried to delete both files, one of them couldn't have been deleted,
so I've deleted the whole folder.

But, it's still the same, the computer still detects the game as if it is installed...

#5:  Author: dehm PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:08 am
    —
You can use some tool as RegClean. It's easy once installed, you cand download it free from internet, freeware.

You should look for Microsoft Games, Close Combat and string as theses.

If you need more help just tell us.

dehm

#6:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:12 am
    —
The REG_Cleaner program, (it is possible to be lowered free) suppresses the registries that the computer, does not use, those that is are used for anything. Use this one tool, works well. Greetings

#7:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 pm
    —
well, I used a reg clean program and found the problem, but than I couldn't delete it beacuse I need to register for the reg clean program, does somebody has a link for a good free (that doesn't need further registration) regclean program I can use? thanks...Smile

#8:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:13 pm
    —
If what you need, it is a connection, it takes this one.

http://www.filehippo.com/

#9:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:39 pm
    —
Well, first of all thanks alot everybody, esspecially you DAK_Von_Manteuffel
I was able to re-install the game! Smile

BUT now I installed the 5.01 patch and all of the sudden I can't run the game, I get an error that says "The CC5 CD-ROM was not detected" even though I have the original CD inside....
Anything you guys can do for me now...?

#10:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:52 pm
    —
golani_2 wrote:

BUT now I installed the 5.01 patch and all of the sudden I can't run the game, I get an error that says "The CC5 CD-ROM was not detected" even though I have the original CD inside....

Click browse and select the cd and press ok, it should work now.
And oops, i forgot to mention about the microsoft games thingy.

#11:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:29 pm
    —
Well guys, I can't thank you enough, game is finally working smoothly for me now Smile

Thanks agin!

#12: help,"The CC5 CD-ROM was not detected" Author: sw711 PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:58 pm
    —
I got same problem, how to fix, anybody can help?

golani_2 wrote:

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1