Afghanistan, Iraq & other foriegn duty
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Afghanistan, Iraq & other foriegn duty Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 pm
    —
I am schedualed for a six month tour in Afghanistan sometime around May of 2008. Tentatively, my job will be Command Post IC of an UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) Troop.

Anyone else going or been there?

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:55 pm
    —
Are you an officer or something? Do you live in Canada?

#3:  Author: BRNJSC PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:53 pm
    —
Hi to all.Im a portuguese eng troop going to make a 6 moths tour in kosovo in a peace keping mission not a combat .Peace and quite all the time.

#4:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm
    —
BRNJSC wrote:
Peace and quite all the time.

I hope so!

Take care over there, both of you.

#5:  Author: nichols PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:52 pm
    —
Mooxe,

We have a launguage trainer/sim that Canada is in the middle of getting. I can task the company to give you access to download the software.

Currently Tactical Pashto is complete.
We just started Tactical Dari.

#6:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 pm
    —
Wow interesting Nichols. That would be great to have. My tour date has been changed to August I think, so now a full year away. We'll be going to Texas I am pretty sure for some weeks or months.

#7:  Author: nichols PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:31 pm
    —
Sounds good, the support website is:

http://www.tacticallanguage.com

Click on the "demo" to get an idea of what the course is. In the meantime, pop an email address to me and I'll get you download authorization.

With the extension on your deploy date, you could take the Pashto and we'll have Dari completed.

There's a good chance that you might end up going to the USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center for ETT training.

1.JPG
 Description:
ETT Training
 Filesize:  189.27 KB
 Viewed:  10505 Time(s)

1.JPG

#8: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:49 am
    —
make sure u give all the passwords and crap to zappi or red scorp before u leave.

#9:  Author: lookhu PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:46 pm
    —
Hi all I'm on a 15 month deployment in baghdad. anyway I've been trying to get the guys in my platoon into close combat. some like it but they want to play close combat V and you have to use the disc to play. anyone know of a way I can burn a copy and they can use it? I tried burning it with a regular burning program but the disc wouldn't autorun and they could copy the files onto their drive but it wouldn't work to play.

SPC Smith

#10:  Author: roonburg PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:48 am
    —
If you are in the same room playing then you can use the same disk because the game only checks for the disk when you start the program. After you get to the menu you can take the disk out and the game runs fine.

#11:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:25 pm
    —
searry,

Quote:
Are you an officer or something? Do you live in Canada?

Looksy here Wink

#12:  Author: nichols PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:10 am
    —
Mooxe,

The Canadian Military is about to sign a contract with the Tactical Language people. They are getting Tactical Pashtu & Tactical Dari.

Additionally they are doing the same with VBS-2. We just did a contract with both companies to merge the language & culture into VBS-2, contractually we are calling it Automatic Language Training System (ALTS). Both companies are saying that every country with enterprise licenses will be able to get ALTS.

#13:  Author: papipaco1Location: Baghdad, Iraq PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:34 pm
    —
@lookhu:

Hey, I'm in Baghdad as well, and I'm trying to find a copy of CC5 to buy! If you're around Victory, once I get mine purchased maybe Jackal will support online playing...

BTW, if you want to load CC on your hard drive, try this site. I stumbled across it, but it looks like maybe what you're looking for. http://m0002.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_close_combat_5.shtml

If anyone wants to sell their copy of CC5, let me know! Wink

#14:  Author: papipaco1Location: Baghdad, Iraq PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:37 pm
    —
@mooxe:

Can't help you with Afghanistan, but if you want to come to Baghdad I can help you there!

#15:  Author: jksawmiller PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:13 am
    —
I used CloneCD to create a disc image and DAEMON Tools to mount it - works great! You could also burn the CloneCD image to disc, too. (CCC uses SafeDisc DRM, which is why regular burning software won't do the trick.)

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1