OT: Laconic phrases and other such things
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: OT: Laconic phrases and other such things Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 pm
    —
---------------------------------
Moderator info:
These posts have been moved due to they are not in the line of the subject.
Moved from: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3996&start=0
---------------------------------

uberdave, that picture was WAY to funny, im not saying i agree with everything, but PURELY ON THE LIGHTER SIDE, which i am always on due to alkihol, its in my top 100 funny pictures ever in CC.

...burp....

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:35 am
    —
Beebs is Buf

#3:  Author: FUTURELocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:13 pm
    —
schrecken wrote:
Beebs is Buf

No, Beebs is Chris Bean. or VonB.

#4:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:38 pm
    —
spoil sport!

Had everyone thinking then.

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:47 pm
    —
Schecken has been playing the role of post redirector lately!

#6:  Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:36 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Schecken has been playing the role of post redirector lately!

It's his laconic sense of humour mate Laughing

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:01 am
    —
Huh?

#8: ? Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:38 am
    —
"It's his laconic sense of humour mate"

dont make me google a dictionary....laconic, is that like ironic with a 1/2 nip of OP rum?

still giggling from that photo dave...neally funny as futures portrait, looke like belishi in saharah, but after a few dozen sides of cow and kegs of beer...

#9:  Author: QMLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:46 am
    —
Sorry mate, my fault Laughing . I'll expand here for you.

A "Laconic phrase" is a very short or terse statement, named after Laconia, an area of modern and ancient Greece. Laconians focused less on the development of education, arts, and literature. Some view this as having contributed to the Laconian characteristically blunt speech. The Spartans were especially famous for their dry wit, which we now know as "laconic humour" after the region and its people. This can be contrasted with the "Attic salt" or "Attic wit", the refined, poignant, delicate humour of Sparta's rival Athens. In modern parlance, "laconic" is used to describe speech and writing which uses few words and is terse and concise.

Easy peasy Rolling Eyes

#10: .. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:14 am
    —
so, er, ur yeah

sort of explans my humour, short, poorly speled and dry...i neva new past irony,i didnt know my humour had its own personalities...im bi polar now?

#11:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:14 pm
    —
good explanation QM, although not so laconic, hehe

Another good example for laconic was the Greek "no" to the Italian diplomatic note to surrender in 1940 or when McAuliffe was besieged in Bastogne and only answered "nuts" to the german parlametary officers.

#12:  Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 am
    —
Wink

#13:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:40 am
    —
that explns why i said nuts a lot ecently when asked to truce, and i ignor,and just keep fighting...
who r u? why r u in my thoughts, burp....

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1