Installation Problem: .txt files
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

#1: Installation Problem: .txt files Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:08 pm
    —
Hello,

I wonder if somebody can help me. I should warn you I am an utter imbecile when it comes to computers so, if you have the patience to answer this post, please bear that in mind!

I followed the installation guide from this site. All went well and I was able to access the SDK mod.

However, whenever I try to go to a map I get the following error message:

"Close Combat was unable to open the file:
[lists some computer file info]/Maps/[name of map].txt"

I looked in the maps folder and I can see the problem. I have maps from Meuse and Stalingrad and they all appear in the same format:

The name of the map as a text document
[name].bgm
[name].btd
[name].los
[name].ovm
[name].rfm

However, it appears that all the SDK maps have appeared in the folder only as .btd files.

So, what do I have to do?

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:46 am
    —
Redownload the map pack and unzip them into your maps folder.

#3:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:13 am
    —
Mooxe,

When I did it originally, I clicked on the V1.2map pack link on the installation guide.

I pressed 'save' and then selected the maps folder. So the maps were downloaded to that folder.

Are you saying that to unzip them I have to do something else? I just thought that I had to save the zipped map pack folder into the right folder on my pc, i.e. the maps one.

Do you mean that instead of 'save' I should press 'run' and after the DL is completed then I unzip them into the maps folder?

#4:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:10 pm
    —
what u did was copying an archive (zip or rar archive) into your maps folder...

to get a mod working u need to extract the contents of the archive into the map folder...

search for winzip on google (freeware) and click on the downloaded mappack... then a list of the "content files" will appear which you "drag&drop" into your maps folder.

Then install the pln file via the config manager and ready it is.

read the "howto"'s if you encounter any other problems...

#5:  Author: chocoleibniz PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:35 am
    —
Thanks mate.

Sorted now. The problem was simple: I am a moron.

I had DL the maps pack but hand't unzipped it physically into the folder, as you said. By chance I scrolled down and saw the .zp file in the maps folder and extracted and now I'm happily playing SDK.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1