supply dumps and suplly paths
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: supply dumps and suplly paths Author: Roel PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 pm
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote:
The manual is fubar

The big supply depots provide supply to any map with an uncontested path to that supply map.
The small supply depots only provide supply to a unit that is on that uncontested minor supply map.

... a quote I found in a tread from some time ago.
Ever since CC4 came out, I've never been able to figure out the correct rule for major and minor supply depots... glad to finally have found the answer!

However, I still have a couple of questions remaining on major supply dumps. (Notably when playing GJS, my H2H opponent and I have experienced some bizarre in supply/out of supply situations.)

- how does the game system determines the supply path? Does it necessarily have to be the shortest path, or can you make a 'detour' to trace supply? And does the system checks only one supply path, or is able to check for alternative paths?
- is the supply path based on the map connections on the strategic map? In other words, can you only trace a supply path if you have a valid movement path? (example: in GJS, as German, from Lebisey Woods over the Orne via Colombelles to Vimont)
- is the uncontested path defined in terms of complete maps, or in terms of exit locations on those maps? in other words, do you need to have uncontested control of the whole map, or just of the exit VLs necessary to reach the next map in your supply path?
-if you have uncontested control of your opponent's major supply dump map, do you automatically block all supply paths to that dump, or does your opponent just needs to be able to trace supply into his supply dump map. And if the supply path is defined by the exit VLs, is it sufficient to control the out-of-map exit VL (f.i. the Falaise exit VL on the GJS Villers-Bocage map) to 'neutralize' that supply depot?

Lots of questions, I know, but IMHO extremely useful to gain an advantage against an opponent that is tactically superior to you (as is the case when playing GJS as Commonwealth).

So...your thoughts, experiences, remarks, ...?

#2:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:52 pm
    —
your supply runs through the maps you control, with the depot as starting point. if your opponent attacks a map in the supply line supplies will drop. thats the basic idea.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1