Working on a new mod "Warszawa 44"
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Working on a new mod "Warszawa 44" Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:38 am
    —
Hello, i will start working on a mod called "Warszawa 44", it will be ofcourse about the 1944 warsaw uprising Very Happy

I have to say that i dont have a lot of expirience in Moding, and i have 0 experience moding CC5. I did some small work with CC2. So i belive I have the basic to start, I must start somehow right?

All the help will be wellcomed, so if you can and most important, want to help in some way, just post here. Wink

Bye!

#2:  Author: LähitaisteluLocation: Altoona, PA PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:06 pm
    —
I have a little experience editing sounds in cc5, and I might be able to learn to use some other things. Anyways, I want to help however I can.

#3:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:27 pm
    —
Thanks Lähitaistelu, i will contact you in the future to talk about the sounds.

#4:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:58 pm
    —
The maps will take years to complete, if you have a normal life and a family.

#5:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 pm
    —
Searry wrote:
The maps will take years to complete, if you have a normal life and a family.

I dopnt have a normal family, thats something Laughing

I know it will take years, i really thougth in 2 years at least, i hope less than that.
But there are a lot og mods out there that have a lot of new maps so its not imposible, and if somebody want to work on some maps he will be welcomed. Wink

#6:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:56 pm
    —
Great mod idea, I thought of doing it for CC2 but never did much.

#7:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 am
    —
i can provide Polish speeches. If u need any information, extra sources etc.please feel free to ask Polish CC community: http://www.jagdtiger.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=35&sid=99cb6cd4de3dacc519d7160d72e75eee
We`ll be happy to help.
cheers!!!

#8:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:56 pm
    —
Heya Ubaew, Dont you know a good Polish to English translator?
I am really needing one Laughing

I have this one but is not very good
http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=Polish&to=English

Thanks!

#9:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:21 am
    —
I have Found an exelent source of Aerial Pictures for the maps, the pictures are from 1935 to 1944 (taken just days before the uprising started).

I dont have a lot of experience doing maps, so if somebody wants to help me doing the maps i can send him the photographs and all the info to make the maps.

Please, if somebody wants to help he will be welcomed.

Thanks

#10:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:53 pm
    —
I`ve never needed this kind of translator and suppose is difficult because different construction and grammar. Short text I can try translate into English if you stock with something. BTW I suppose you know "Rising44. The Battle for Warsaw" Norman Davies? This position should be helpful.
Cheers!!!

#11:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 pm
    —
I now have a little experience with strat maps and general graphics.

#12:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 pm
    —
Thanks CSO_Talorgan, i colecting textures rigth now for starting with the maps.

PD: I couldnt find any new picture of the Dirlenganwer or Kaminski Brigades, and not even one of the Aserbaidschan Legion Sad

#13:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:29 am
    —
Dirlewanger Wink

#14:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:30 pm
    —
Yes, sorry. Embarassed

The first Map, Kierbedzia Bridge, its almost done, but there are some things i still have to improve.

#15:  Author: witman505 PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:24 am
    —
You should know that in warsaw uprising polish AK army (country army) captured 2 panters tank ( one called Magda ) , 1 Tiger tank , 1 Hetzer called Chwat, 2 sdd kfz 251/1 , armored car ( Kubus ) . This tank except Tiger ( it fought 1 -2 days ad was abandoned because of some mechanical problem of something) fought ang gave much firepower. They were abandoned too because of out of fuel and ammo.

#16:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:38 am
    —
I know Witman, but thanks anyway. Wink

#17:  Author: Ubaew PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:54 pm
    —
Well, according new research Germans didn`t use Tiger tanks during Uprising. No evidence exist. I suppose is a myth...

#18:  Author: witman505 PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:05 pm
    —
u're wrong Ubaew, Germans used Tiger tank - only 5 tanks . 31 july tanks were discharched from railway trucks on station Warszawa-Praga. They have orders to protect main street and Gemrnas who wanted to pull back behind district controlled throught AK army. Those tanks were fixed in German and send back to the front line - it was reinforcement for 3 rd panzer diviosion SS Totenkompf -Tanks didnt return to division and they took battle in warsaw in ochota district in 1 - 4 th august - it was bad decision, 2 of them were destroyed , 1 captured by AK and used in combat for 2 days ( abondoned of some mechanical problems ). This is all story , if u want u can read it in bokk
Warszawa 1944 Militaria nr 148

#19:  Author: witman505 PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:14 pm
    —
Zaitsev in this book Militaria 148 Warszawa u have all German rmoured units in warsaw from 31.07 - to the end of uprising - take look it.

#20:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 pm
    —
I have the book but in polish. Sad
Only the descriptions of the photos are in english.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3