cfgv13 and vista
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: cfgv13 and vista Author: bexx76 PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:45 pm
    —
hi all, i have a prob, i have installed ccv in a pc with vista, changed compatibility for ccv, installed patch5.1a, changed compatibility of config manager, created a "videos" folder, now the game work fine, but i have a prob using cfgv13:
when i try to install gjs the installation failed and appear a message error that say that pc is unable to change cc5.exe....... ERROR-5
someone know about this and can help me? thx u

#2: have u tried Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:42 am
    —
compatibility moad?

right click on CCV.exe, config manager, click on properties/compability, click everything to Win98.
CCV will work better also.

i have Vista Home Premium 32 bit, and also gamespy is a problem, u need to use a special page, search help/faq forums here for how to get around it.

I played CCV online,swaped mods fine with vista.

i heard there is a sp1 patch out for vista, NOT with auto update, its like a beta,go to microcock's main page, search for patch. helps with drivers im told.

#3:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 pm
    —
i have the same problem.

failed to copy system\packages\gjsv44\CC5.exe to C:\program files\SSI\Close combat invasion normandy\CC5.exe (error code =5)

it happens even when compability mode is set to win98 on cc5 and cfgmanager

CC5 5.01 works tho, so there cant be a big issue. im gonna try installing the mods manually if no one has any idea, perhaps it will do the trick

#4:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:49 pm
    —
RedScorpion wrote:
i have the same problem.

failed to copy system\packages\gjsv44\CC5.exe to C:\program files\SSI\Close combat invasion normandy\CC5.exe (error code =5)

it happens even when compability mode is set to win98 on cc5 and cfgmanager

CC5 5.01 works tho, so there cant be a big issue. im gonna try installing the mods manually if no one has any idea, perhaps it will do the trick

We need to find out how to allow to place shortcuts into folders in vista, cause it doesnt, and such the cc5.exe file isnt allowed into the program files folder. what you can do is to install all manually and then remove the initial exe and copy paste the new one in. gets the frickin game running anyway.

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:32 pm
    —
In the properties box

can you choose to run CFGv13.exe as administrator

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Security/uac.aspx

#6:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm
    —
Schrecken thanks alot. Works fine now.

So to all, simply choose to run the Cfg manager as an administrator and there wont be a problem with the install.
As far as GS is concerned it appears its not supporting Vista yet, but I heard one can follow a buddy into the lobbies.

Anyway, anyone knows if there is a way to bring back the multiplayer section of CC5, as of now all the buttons are lost. Is there a security feature in Vista that could block them?!

#7: 'error code=5' Author: bini PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:44 am
    —
works fine now thank u

#8:  Author: ChymLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:55 pm
    —
RedScorpion wrote:

Anyway, anyone knows if there is a way to bring back the multiplayer section of CC5, as of now all the buttons are lost. Is there a security feature in Vista that could block them?!

is there any news about this problem of multiplayers screen which is not appearing with Vista?

#9: m Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 am
    —
your the second person to say its dissapeared from ccv with vista,

I used Vista for cc5(at gamespy)/coi/ccmt at BHQ and no problems.

bacause i dont use hamachi really, or tcp/udp connect, i never looked.just gamespy,i had to use a special link to open CCV gameplay room,make ccv.exe win98 compatible. Play...

#10: Yes, multiplayer buttons from cc4 disappear on vista and xp Author: towo PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:33 am
    —
We're trying to play h2h with cc4 and have the same problem that a variety of b uttons are not visible on the multiplayer screen.
Funnily enough, my friend with xp sees 'modem' and 'serial' buttons, but not tcp or udp. I don't see any buttons at all on my vista.

I understand firewalls quite well and our network connection should not be any problem. Both machines run cc4 fine against AI.

Thanks for any tips.

- Towo

#11:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:52 pm
    —
try running you game in win98 compatibility mode

Also tick "run as Administrator"

this seems to get things working

#12:  Author: towo PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:53 am
    —
I have tried several different compatibility modes and have also used the 'run as admin', but it has not helped. I will keep trying variations, but it seems I have a rare problem.

- Towo

#13: problem solved - solution unclear Author: towo PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:10 am
    —
I have buttons now, and expect things to proceed well from here, at least on my Vista.
However, I can't really say what was the actual fix. I just shuffled through many different compatibility options and modes in random order.

The one that finally worked was XP SP2 compatibility mode.
Now I will see if I can fix my friends XP somehow..

- Towo

#14:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:47 am
    —
great work.

Keep at it and post your final results.

cheers

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1