Weak AI - CC5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Weak AI - CC5 Author: woodtip61 PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:25 pm
    —
Been playing Utah against the AI. Absolutely love the game and the maps, but the AI seems weak and not very aggressive. I've noticed this with many CC5 mods. I usually play as a "recruit" so that I get fewer resources, but is something else I can do to change things? Or is the AI more aggressive in some mods than others?

Thanks.

#2:  Author: Awelon PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 pm
    —
Hello.

You could try to instal VetMod´s for your game. Also set timelimit on 15 min/battle and take off the morale.

Or then you can just wait for the Stalingrad Operation Circle- mod. I think that will be a backbroker.

Is your Ai playing as a "Hero"?

#3:  Author: woodtip61 PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:44 pm
    —
Awelon - thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do play for 15 min and the AI on hero setting. Doesn't that just increase resources?

I'm in process of downloading Bloody Omaha because I noticed it had a Vetmod - I haven't seen one for Utah Sector - maybe I missed it?

#4:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:27 pm
    —
Awelon wrote:
Hello.

You could try to instal VetMod´s for your game. Also set timelimit on 15 min/battle and take off the morale.

Or then you can just wait for the Stalingrad Operation Circle- mod. I think that will be a backbroker.

Is your Ai playing as a "Hero"?

Hi,

More than a backbroker. I amjust trying to survive the second day of thge Rossochka Campaign....

SOC will be only for hard Veterans.

PJ

#5:  Author: woodtip61 PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm
    —
SOC sounds awesome. Hope we can get at it soon!

#6:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:43 pm
    —
playing as recrute gives you more units to choose from, veteran/hero reduces the units to choose from to a minimum

so you should put the AI on recrute and you on veteran/hero

#7:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:38 pm
    —
The finnish AI in kartboy6s Winter War isquite good. It can even flank properly!

#8:  Author: woodtip61 PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:12 pm
    —
From I'm hearing - the AI for some mods are better than others?

In other words, not all AI's are created equal?

#9:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:13 pm
    —
no they ain´t Wink

#10:  Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:56 am
    —
my 2c: AI will never give you the challenge a human opponent will. I don't think you can experience how good and real this game can be until you play online/lan H2H. My advice, don't bother with AI, go straight for online.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1