Deployment zone question
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Deployment zone question Author: Eichgebirg PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:30 pm
    —
I´m a long time player, recently got back into CC5. All praise to the talented modders out there. Currently playing GJS "total realism", looks very good so far.

Anyway, here is my question:

I really hate that the initial deployment zone is so small when entering a new map (or when enemy attacks a map held by you). I guess it has something do to with the strat map feature, so that BG:s enter a road and not a map edge side.

Can this be edited so that the attacking side gets the whole map edge to deploy in? For example, if the Allies attack using a road from the east they get the entire part of the right screen to set up before battle.

I hope my question is clear, as always language frustrates.

//Eichgebirg[/b]

#2:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:53 pm
    —
The area that an entering BG gets is fixed by the game engine but as a map maker you can influence the area available by where you place the entry VL.

Example; placing a VL in the corner of the map will give you very little space as the fixed area available will be cut off in two directions. Keeping the entry VL away from the map edges gives the entry BG more room for deployment (if you move it in too far you can actually have entering BG deploy in the middle of the map with the deployment area not touching any map edge).

#3:  Author: Eichgebirg PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote:
The area that an entering BG gets is fixed by the game engine but as a map maker you can influence the area available by where you place the entry VL.

Example; placing a VL in the corner of the map will give you very little space as the fixed area available will be cut off in two directions. Keeping the entry VL away from the map edges gives the entry BG more room for deployment (if you move it in too far you can actually have entering BG deploy in the middle of the map with the deployment area not touching any map edge).

Thanks, I suspected as much. Too bad, that was the part of CC5 that annoyed me the most, having to defend a corner or small box when I´m the one on the offensive! It takes away the attackers advantage of choosing his schwerpunkt. But the solution i guess is to have a gentleman's agreement with my opponent.

//Eichgebirg

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1