Wrong Information in the Article for CCMT
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: Wrong Information in the Article for CCMT Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:29 am
    —
The article on the pending release of Close Combat: Modern Tactics (CCMT) on the home page is real bad poop. Poop in the American military term "information. I realize that there is a cavet at the end of the article that states; "Since this article is based off of the screen shots of a previous version we can not fully expect to see all the new features in CCMT.", however, being at the end of the article and easily glossed over, let's discuss what the article states will be in CCMT and what is not.

Close Combat Modern Tactics is NOT base on the current USMC training simulation Close Combat Marines Anti Terrorism (CCMAT). It is based on Close Combat Marines v5.1 (CCMv5.1), a ten player game, as a commercial release of CCMv5.1. It doesn't have one Marine and it does not have many of the features discussed in the article. Most of those are scheduled for CC6, which CCMT is not. CCMT is an interim release, not a numbered CC game.

Triggers: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Civilians: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Obstacle/Mines/IED's: Not in CCMT. Are in CCMAT and will be in CC6.

Scenario Settings: "Time of Day - Its unknown what this could be used for. Since night cannot be modeled graphically into CC, we can guess that if the time is set at night units may be less visible." Not in CCMT. Is in CCMAT. In CC6, Time of Day will affect LOS.

Scenario Settings: "Show Last Spotted Position - Presumably a marker will display on the map when a unit disappears from your LOS." Not in CCMT. Is in CCMAT. In CC6, once a unit moves out of your LOS, an icon will mark the last known position, slowly fading out over a period of 1 - 2 minutes on the main battle screen and the overview map.

What really needs to be pointed out is that CCMT a commercial version of the US Marine Corps trainer that has been out since 2005 as v3.1, upgraded and enhanced through CCRAF to CCM v5.1. It is modern forces with modern weapons, so the kill ratios can go way up. What you may think is a strong Battle Group for CC5 might get quickly blown away in CCMT. You have to use modern tactics to win.

I invite the webmaster to contact me in the future to check his copy on what is and what is not in the next CC releases.

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 am
    —
Well, it's better than getting almost zero info regarding the release from the 'official sites' Wink

So there's CCMT, CCMAT and CC6...any specific details on these releases (I have a fair idea about the first 2 from your post, Drill...but no clue about CC6)?
So what about CC7? Will you be using the Company of Heroes graphics engine for this one? Rolling Eyes Very Happy Wink

Where do we go to check up on updates on these upcoming CC games?

#3:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:41 am
    —
So they sell an obsolete to the people. Crying or Very sad
I hate these Yanks vs. sandniggers games, they sell just because of the current conflict, altough it's not modern warfare. CM:SF sucked because of this.

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 pm
    —
Thanks for clarifying SD. I knew the info was not fully correct which is why I planted in my disclaimers. What you pointed out raises another question.... What new features are to be included that were not in the 1st release of CCM?

#5:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:43 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
Thanks for clarifying SD. I knew the info was not fully correct which is why I planted in my disclaimers. What you pointed out raises another question.... What new features are to be included that were not in the 1st release of CCM?

The main difference between CCM v3.1 and CCM v5.1 is the increase from 3 vs 3 players to 5 vs 5 players, as well as a number of bug fixes which is where CCMT is from.

People should keep in mind that CCMT is a commercial version of CCM. By agreement with the USMC, which owns CCM, CCM could only be released publically if all things USMC were removed, which has been done in CCMT. It is now US Army orbats, equipment and vehicles.

CCMT will not be everyone's cup of tea. All the battles are one-off; there are no Operations or Campaigns. There was no code left for those things in CCM and it has proven to be a major amout of work to re instate those for CC6. CCMT will be for those CC'ers that don't mind that and will enjoy the large batles with up to ten players at a time.

There is already one WW2 mod in the works for CCMT and many maps from CC4 and CC5 can be used in CCMT and mods. Any map that is mega tile square can be use without modification and others can be used after using Mafi's tools to add blank borders to make the overall map square.

#6:  Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (EspaƱa) PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:43 pm
    —
Very interesting, for when they think to send this game to the market?

Greetings.

#7:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:53 pm
    —
Strange...forum bots love this thread Very Happy

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm
    —
Yah anonymous posting is allowed... I keep meaning to turn it off.

#9:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 pm
    —
Senior_Drill wrote:
there are no Operations or Campaigns

What about a MMCCMT?!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1