Stalingrad ???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Stalingrad ??? Author: TaDam PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:48 am
    —
Is this mod is still on the way, or definitly stopped ???

#2:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:56 pm
    —
a few months the main editor showed his face 1 time and then again no one has heard from him.....so you might guess this one is off tracks......to bad.......

#3:  Author: Ironcross1 PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:40 pm
    —
I think its dead Sad

#4:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:52 pm
    —
Crying or Very sad I hope someome can pick up the peices and continue this Mod,that everyone in the CC5 community was looking so forward to.....a shame to see all that hard work go to waste! Sad

#5: Stalingrad being Tested????? Author: Antifa PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:56 pm
    —
Last I heard it was being Beta tested by a group. Any News on that Question

#6:  Author: bkp_mik PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:36 pm
    —
know a guy testing it. crash to desktop error with single battles occured at about 50% as i remember. that was the main prob i think.

#7:  Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:24 am
    —
the fact that most of the single battle's chrash seems to be a very common bug in the game....don't really know why that is....but it is just so. it seems only GJS got luck on that one.

cheers buck

#8:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:37 am
    —
pl_mik wrote:
know a guy testing it. crash to desktop error with single battles occured at about 50% as i remember. that was the main prob i think.

suggests map files are corrupt or not in place

#9:  Author: FFL_TiqueLocation: France PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:38 am
    —
What I have understood from this mod is that there is a big problem with the strat map and it is Manoi who's got the files so it seems difficult for the rest of the team to finish the job.

Manoi came back in September but since that no news...

So wait and see.

#10:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:50 pm
    —
pl_mik wrote:

This happened in Meuse mod as well. I believe (heard) it was because the maps were coded in CC3 WF elements, which have a conflict with CC5 element 16, wreck. In single battles the game will place wrecks randomly around the map - look for them, they're there - . It is solved by changing the .txt file on the maps, or else using CC5 maps, like GJS did.

Grunt

#11:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:32 am
    —
I still think that the reason for the single battle crashes is something to do with the Element file.
I have tested to use the standard CC5 Element file for the Berlin Mod and it works great with single battles.
GJS and Bloody Omaha uses their own Element file and it works.I think that most of the CC5 Mods made are using the Element file from the first Meuse crossing version and that one is crashing.

This is really something to work on because i think that not be able to play the single battles is losing half of the fun.I know that this is not a new problem but i really think we should solve it..............

Hi!
Mats Very Happy

#12:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:42 am
    —
From what I've heard there is the single battle crash plus some issues with a couple of maps during a campaign/operation. The element file is not based on the Western Front file but the standard CC5 file with 70 additional elements.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1