Disapearing units from force pool.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

#1: Disapearing units from force pool. Author: Lawyer PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 am
    —
Just lost a total of 7 panthers from my 12 ss panzer regiment for no reason (2 command panthers, 4 panther A, 1 panther G and some infantry squads in a H2H GC. All this in one turn. I was able to compare with previous saved files.

My BG was in full supply and only fought once at this time, losing 2 panthers. Damn, that battle took away 9 tanks? Why is that?

#2: hi Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:47 am
    —
hi, i'd need to see file maybe, but it would be:

a) captured by enemy:
1)directly captured,crew abandoned
2)captured indirectly by being to far forward in enemy territory
(no infantry around them can often lead to this,ESPECIALLY if immobile.)

b)ur out of fuel/ammo and therefore refitting/repairs,again see a)20% chance of repair or less.

#3:  Author: Lawyer PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:49 pm
    —
Hi Tack,

I did a quit search and it appears to be a CCV bug. Theses tanks disapeared from my force pool, not from the active units in the BG.

I fought my first battle with that bg and used 5 panthers, losing 2 to enemy fire. the 3 survivors (undamaged) were still active in my bg for the next battle (keeping their stats and all) but the reserve in my force poll was reduce from 7 more tanks.

It's not like I had a lot of panthers to lose that way... Sad

#4:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:56 pm
    —
the reason is simple...

you always have to save the file after battle... pressing "next" makes sometimes units to disappear...

#5: yes Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:48 am
    —
at the end of EVERY game i go back to command screan, yes its also good to save.
ill be recommending this for the 'war'

#6:  Author: 7A_Bjorn PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:44 pm
    —
agreed, always go back to command and save as "ANZAC7A008" ie new save file after each battle (backup).

*S* Bjorn

#7: Re: Disapearing units from force pool. Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm
    —
In a h2h operation, we just found a likewise bug. Both our BGs are out of supply on the same map, due to our gains and losses of vital exit VLs. Then one of our rounds crash at 00:00, however, the round was still saved into the GC.

The turn after the crash, close to all our active BG units were either gone, or had lost kills gained, not to mention lost their Morale, Leadership, Intelligence, Strength, as seen on the image below.

This specific mg42 team has already been portrayed in a specific operational AAR from our h2h-operation, with more than 15 kills. However, after the bug 0 kills, plus loss of its abilities.

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1