day 1. strat moves, Intel.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: day 1. strat moves, Intel. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:46 am
    —
hi, all plans can change, and this is what my general tactics and strategy is.I am open to any sujestions, general tactics or strat moves.

I would like to lead the charge at gold,i think i can crush the germans, they will either put massed guns on hedgerow, or go deep, i know all the spots, and crocodile will chew them up, inf and 95m cromwells to mop up. firefly incase(good to train to elite now also)AVRE for south blasting(i know hot to sneak him sideways to get LOS of any hiding guns/inf without getting hit by Guns).

firstly its importand for first 6 turns of so to go hard, move around and forward, and wait for panzer counter. in my 3 GC's with AI, i almost always get to within 1 or 2 maps of there depots/supply before encountering 'new' BG.

down south is panther/panzer strong, the 'tiger/panzer' units comes from top supply,then pznther Lehr middle supply. Caen cpos a battering,IF i take caen, i usually sit a good unit there,and blast all german counterattacks, and let my BGs pass north of south.

the germans Cant hold ALL beaches, we will punch through, there guns dont last, if we go armour heavy, blast our way off,and punch through(crocodiles/sherman flail are thicker) in the middle,dont forget those lovely 95mm reak havock with infantry/guns and can take tanks out.
get off beaches,run to naval barrage range,im sure germans will set up a 'hindenberg line' just beyond naval barrage range IF they can.

they will harras with snipers if they are good, hit and run with MG42's/chrecks/flamers to delay, and force tank rushes into well placed guns!
SAVE NAVAL for big guns, dont waste them early!

I always go north and south,alloy AB to hold south,then put 2/3 armoured BGsbehind them.

remember many maps u can move into,but moving 'arrows' dont show(eg merville battery map to bois du bavent,always trust 'yellow areas' as movement areas.

strat moves.
1)pegases AB to go north and cut of german beach BG(they run out 100% ammo/fuel second turn). sit and wait for north german BG or I22 panzers. its a gun map,reinforce when they arrive for 6lb's(panzer only)

2)merville battery AB to move west to bois and wait.

3)6/6 AB to sit and wait at Ranville.
Support:
we should have 3 naval, 4 air strikes. germans usually have None.
use naval on gold/courseles/sword.
air on gold/juno/courseles/sword.

pray AB hold, i lost badly in practice run, spead forces to think on bottom VL,german massed infantry swamped me with marder 105mm support devistating...defend pegasus exit heavily.

likely germans strat moves.(remember they may simple move all BGs back as surprise tactic and wait in hedgerows OR out of Naval range)

#2:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:10 pm
    —
ok .. sounds good to me

#3:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:15 pm
    —
and remember everybody we want a sitrep here after every battle, which includes the map name the two bgs involved as well as the name of your opponent.. damage report and area takin or lost make em short and to the point here, you can be as flamboyant as you like on your aars but we just want the facts here...good luck every body and have fun

#4: first game Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:35 pm
    —
wolfgrau played first game, he did really well, but didnt dislodge germans, but need to see if he got exit VL's!

we had a lag problem with wee and kor, so with consultation with wee/kor/bjorn and myself we decided to replay.

im waiting now to do so, then im going to be gone for most of the day,

NO STRAT MOVES!

#5:  Author: WOLFGRAU PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:04 pm
    —
NO STRAT MOVES! - what do you mean?

#6: ok Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:08 pm
    —
what i meant,

play all beach and AB maps day 1(some 8 games)

then stop.

nobody do strat moves untill i review the situation.

#7:  Author: WOLFGRAU PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:18 pm
    —
Acknowledge:D

#8:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:32 pm
    —
Tack did u know-in next turn gers have ref in Merville Batteries?Hm?

#9: allies take june beach! Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 pm
    —

#10: next map Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:43 am
    —
next map is weird, sideways.

Lots of guns! but poor LOS for Big guns.

either put em towards beach, or in blds.

#11:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:48 pm
    —
At the beginig i lost CR AA, my crab takes revenge..

I try to take west side of the city, heavy defended, i notcie 1 PAk43..
NAVAL KO 43 and small AT

I assault VL in left- middle and taken, try to advance down but time ends..

Last edited by KOR7 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:59 pm
    —
SWORD
I take city, 1 Vl left, no tanks loss, 3 AT KO..

#13:  Author: WOLFGRAU PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:07 pm
    —

#14:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:11 am
    —
Tried to play WeeFunk at about 10.30 am a.e.s.t but somthing weird going on with deploy area (grabed the battle file from here) deploy was all wrong and in thirds like ccv cap de la hague... when i opened it against ai it was correct deploy so WeeFunk did a uninstall/reinstall but still did the same... so not been able to check it against an online opponent yet....

#15: excellent Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:00 am
    —
kor and wolf, both excellent work!

A7 be worried now! we have 2 exit VLs, 1 total destruction of BG, and almost total voctory at 2 others! we can move 4BG's west next strat move!

Karain(anzac_loser) would LOVE to take A7 on as one of the AB units.

excellent stuff, keep it going!

charge!!!

#16:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 am
    —
ok big poblem. 1/3rd map deploy is caused by games not being saved at the end of game but instead being save after nexting thru to strat screen... the file we now have is corrupted.. the only choice is to roll it back till we are bug free or put up with the deploy as is... which in my opinion is an untenable situation for the ab....thoughts ?

#17:  Author: WOLFGRAU PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:32 am
    —
Blackstump----> Try to remove all saves with this game. After that you should copy my save to folder "save" and than try to connect with your opponent.
Don't look at the map on single mode. If you did , do what I write at the top of my post.

#18:  Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:46 am
    —
dosnt work,, previous game or possibly previous games will have to be rebuilt to get rid of the deploy bug

#19: hi Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:57 am
    —
me and stumpy tried me new recreat, and im telling you all, the allies have it tough!

i let stumpy use his morters, show his machin gun sites with cheap fast german inf, marders/half trucks with pak75 have NO MG34. so i chose 3 flame trucks, wasted 2 stupidly by attacking with no infantry support, lost one to RG and one to mills bomb.

still my third killed 2 teams and reaked havock on stumpys right flank!

forget the mansion on left!

forget hedgerows in front!

take town right, and blds, set up 2/3 vickers and 2/3 bren rifle teams, and piat teams, maybe 6lb and hold on!

dont run everybody flat out, germans have 2 8cm teams,4 morters hurt running AB!
maybe a scout team north west hedgerow, thats it, germans cant reach even if we crawl....CRAWL....

#20:  Author: KOR7 PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:22 pm
    —
And? What's next??

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2