Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Surabaya

#21:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:50 am
    —
Hanzs-Sobieski wrote:
Hi, what about full version??

Ver 0.9 should be available Q1 2009.
Like most mods...we're stuck on the maps...progressing very slowly.
We lost our dedicated map maker to RL commitments...so I'm doing the maps myself now (with Eaglereach working on the basic map designs) ...map making (and coding) is not really something I enjoy...I applaud the CC map maker Godz for coming up with some really amazing maps for the CC series!

A CCWAR: BoS45 Demo should be out very soon.

Note: Actually, this November (the Battle historically started on November 10, 1945...and we were shooting for a Nov '08 release) isn't really a good time to release a 'non mainstream' mod like BoS45...with CCWAR just released and PJ's SDKDK following soon later this month.

#22: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:03 am
    —
Is this mod still being developed?

#23: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 am
    —
Yep...but currently stalled on maps (I found out the hard way that I don't have the patience for map making...so this phase is going to take more time than planned).
My partner in crime (eaglereach) is also very busy with RL...and has been MIA from CC for a while now Sad
The mod has been converted to CCWAR (about 90% done on data, graphics etc...but also still stalled on maps)...I'm planning to experiment with CCTLD too (historically there were some night battles in BoS).  Maybe I'll get off my lazy ass and release the CCWAR version of the BoS45 demo one of these days ;)

BTW, thanks for asking, Mooxe Smile

#24: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm
    —
Any chances for a CCMT conversion? It wouldn't require much maps or any battlegroups.

#25: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:38 pm
    —
Therion wrote (View Post):
Any chances for a CCMT conversion? It wouldn't require much maps or any battlegroups.

No plans...sorry.
Actually all the data (incl. all the battlegroups) are done...we're just stuck on maps.
The BoS45 demo features 4 maps...I guess those can be converted for CCMT. Converting the data and graphics to CCMT shouldn't be too hard I guess.
But what's the advantage of using the CCMT engine?  BoS45 is mostly infantry vs infantry battles with a very limited number of AFVs...so not much use of CCMT's "mount vehicle" feature.

#26: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: Therion PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:55 pm
    —
If the mod is going to be popular, then...
It could be big multiplayer infantry vs. infantry battles - like in a whole company vs. whole company.

#27: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 am
    —
You could use CCMT's advanced Battlemaker to create more interesting single engagements.

#28: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:31 pm
    —
Very true. It's not as good as the CCMAT one, but still it's a big progress from the CC4-5 single battles.

#29: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm
    —
I've been looking forward to this mod as well.  Bummer that you are delayed by the maps.  I am such a huge fan and player of this game that I have often contemplated taking up the hobbie of trying to create a mod.  But I have zero technical experience and would be just a novice trying to figure it all out.

#30: Re: Battle of Surabaya 1945 news archive Author: Armed_Forces PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 am
    —
When completed the map right?

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Surabaya

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2