Small Soldiers Mod?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Small Soldiers Mod? Author: John3 PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:45 am
    —
Just curious if anybody has made a Small Soldiers Mod for CC3......Sorry i've been out of the loop for a couple of years.

#2:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:43 am
    —
See this thread at CSO

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=11128

#3:  Author: John3 PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:33 am
    —
I can't login over there. Can someone ask them if it's possible to make the mod for CC3?

#4:  Author: Pz_Meyer PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:59 pm
    —
actually dl's at CSO are open to the public

#5:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:55 pm
    —
John3 wrote:
Can someone ask them if it's possible to make the mod for CC3?

I think III would need its own mod as it uses a different SoldierB file. In principle it would be a matter of opening the file; batch-converting (shrinking) the images; and then repacking them. Therion mentioned that he used IrfanView for the batch conversion.

#6:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 pm
    —
Looks like I may have spoken too soon:

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?p=107272#post107272

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=107271&postcount=90

#7:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:58 am
    —
Success!! Smile

I know some folks were following the progress of this project over at CSO. It wasn't looking to hopefull for a small soldiers mod for CCIII. After Therion had figured out the batch conversion process, it looked to be easy to make a set for CCIII as well, by replacing the SoldierB file with the stock Soldier file and then using the smaller sprites for the Soldier file. No such luck......it crashed. After comparing the CCIII and CCIV/CCV sprites with a hex editor it became clear that the byte order is reversed for CCIII.

Soooooo..........here's the scoop. I unpacked the CCIV/CCV small soldiers and the stock CCIII sprites with Mafi's CC2Spriter. Then I copied the appendix.bin and appendix.xls from the CCIII sprites folder into the small soldiers folder. Re-packed as CC2/CCIII Soldier format, and it works fine. The plan to use the stock CCIII Soldier for SoldierB works as well.

These ones are in the same scale as the vehicles for normal view, and maybe just a bit underscale for the zoomed view.

cheers

CCIII Small Soldiers.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCIII Small Soldiers.zip
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Downloaded:  515 Time(s)

#8:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:32 am
    —
well done, nice hack!

#9:  Author: John3 PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:50 pm
    —
Sweet! You just made my all time favorite game even better!

#10:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:00 am
    —
Excellent!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1