Can't re-install the game....:( agin...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Can't re-install the game....:( agin... Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:27 am
    —
O.k, this already happened to me way too many times, but agin, I need your help....

Iv'e deleted the game, but for some reason the PC still 'thinks' the game is installed...when the autoran starts it's has 'play' instead of 'install'.

When I try to use the add/remove feature at the contol panall it does all the processess but the program is still there!

I tried usuin Ccleaner and it found all kinds of staff but nothing related to Close Combat.

Please can anyone help....?

#2:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:59 am
    —
You will likely need to remove the registry entries, and nuke the game folder to start fresh. Which version of CC?

#3:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 am
    —
If you had a mod installed when you removed CC from your PC,would cause this problem...need to know what you had or had not installed,before I/we can help you fix it.

#4:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 am
    —
It's CC5...
I know I need to remove the registrey somehow, that's why I ran CCleaner, but it found nothing....

I don't recall having a mod installed before deleting the game....

Thanks guys

#5:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:35 pm
    —
Someone....anyone.....? Crying or Very sad

#6:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:18 pm
    —
Okay, for CCV you will need to delete your game folder, then go to START on your desktop, and pick RUN. Type in regedit. Once you have REGEDIT opened:

Next expand the branch for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then expand the branch SOFTWARE and look for Mattel Interactive.

Expand that Branch and look for Close Combat. There might be two folders under the Close Combat branch: 5.00 and 5.01

Delete the folder Close Combat, and exit out of regedit.
Restart your computer and you should be ready to install.

cheers

#7:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:04 pm
    —
First of all-thank you very much! Smile

I did all you said and now the autorun does say "install" (insted of play) but when I click it it starts the install sheild which leads to "would you like to remove all of the componets from your computer?" of course I hit "Ok" it acts like it uninstalls the game (including a messege that says the game was uninstalled) but than-nothing, every time I hit "install" it does the same thing.... Crying or Very sad

#8:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 am
    —
Hmmmmmmmm...............I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe try deleting the game folder again, and nuke the registry entry. Then restart your computer and go into control panel....add or remove programs. Check to see if Invasion Normandy is still showing up. If it is try uninstalling.........You will likely get an error message saying that windows can't find it and it will ask if you want to remove the entry.

I think that once the registry is cleared it won't show up......but maybe I'm wrong on that. One other thing to try is clicking on the install.exe rather than the autorun.

Hope this helps.

cheers

#9:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:41 pm
    —
The game folder is no more, Iv'e deleted it a long time ago...

And hittinig setup from inside the cd (not from autorun) gives the same result...

No other ideas...? Sad

#10:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 am
    —
Long shot here...did you have the 501.a patch installed?...if so..its a program..and needs to be removed to...in controll panel/add/remove.

#11:  Author: golani_2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:28 pm
    —
RD_Roach wrote:
Long shot here...did you have the 501.a patch installed?...if so..its a program..and needs to be removed to...in controll panel/add/remove.

I thought of that...uninstalled the patch before the game...
Thanks for the idea though Smile

#12:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:09 am
    —
Hi golani, I got looking at my registry again and may have found your solution. It looks like there is a redundant folder for CCV that might be messing up your install. You are probably about ready to give up.......I sure hope this works for you. If you have the second entry try nuking it too.

cheers

[/img]

Regedit CCV.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.66 KB
 Viewed:  4758 Time(s)

Regedit CCV.png

#13:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:36 am
    —
Ive had this problem a few times myself in the past...I fixed it by deleting/removeing everything to do with CC5,and then ran a Registry cleaner program called Reg editor/cleaner(can be found online for free),after i ran this program,it always worked.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1