Close Combat type game
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Close Combat type game Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:02 am
    —
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ff.html

Firefight is a World War II real time simulation game. It relies heavily on the use of artificial intelligence to create a realistic game, while having a user interface so simple and intuitive that you can learn to play in minutes

The player takes control of up to sixteen squads of tanks, anti-tank guns or various infantry formations. These squads can be manouvered around the large battlefield and ordered to fire on enemy positions. In addition the player can call down artillery strikes of high explosive or smoke shells.

The game is won by the player taking control of the designated mission objective, either a village, farm or hill, and holding it with enough strength to resist enemy counter attacks.

I gave it a shot, kinda fun.

#2:  Author: GS_v_WitzlebenLocation: Spessart / Germany PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:40 pm
    —
it´s the one matrix games wanted to use for their close assault, isnt it?

#3:  Author: Loud-MouthLocation: Earth PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:16 pm
    —
That is indeed the game on sale through Matrix Games. Well it might still be on sale. One never knows any moire with this game.

What is not well known, is Firefight is also something of a bastard child over there. They almost don't want to acknowledge it ever existed it seems.

It has no forum, and most of the forum is not even aware the game exists.

I believe what that link leads to , is the same as what is termed in some locations as a demo.
The link has a setup file there and it lets you play the game such as it is.

Alright enough game, no competition for Close Combat, but it has a humble amusing level of complexity.

#4:  Author: Destraex PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:09 pm
    —
I thought firefight was pre-cc series

#5:  Author: Loud-MouthLocation: Earth PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:26 am
    —
Not sure how old Firefight is.

I only know it was a design that Matrix Games might have been interested in initially, doesn't seem like it now.

And as they have apparently given the Close Assault forum the boot off the site, it is possible they are losing interest even further.

But considering it was supposed to come out after Combat Leader, and you would not be over reacting if you thought that that meant it was coming out slightly after never Smile

Therefore, Firefight will likely remain a game a few know, but only a few ever saw.

It runs ok, just looks incredibly bad when measured against its relevant equals in its genre.

#6:  Author: Loud-MouthLocation: Earth PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:31 am
    —
Not sure how old Firefight is.

I only know it was a design that Matrix Games might have been interested in initially, doesn't seem like it now.

And as they have apparently given the Close Assault forum the boot off the site, it is possible they are losing interest even further.

But considering it was supposed to come out after Combat Leader, and you would not be over reacting if you thought that that meant it was coming out slightly after never Smile

Therefore, Firefight will likely remain a game a few know, but only a few ever saw.

It runs ok, just looks incredibly bad when measured against its relevant equals in its genre.

#7:  Author: aikmenLocation: Toronto Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:08 am
    —
I played the demo and that game certainly has some excellent points that perhaps CC should encorperate, the major being the ability to tell your troops to spread out in a wide line or defend a reletivly small area!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1