Lack of squad leaders.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

#1: Lack of squad leaders. Author: Lawyer PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 pm
    —
HI Dima,

I've noticed that many german infantry teams don't have any squad leader, it's usually some fireteam but some scouts teams are also leaderless (like the ss spaher). Useless to say that scout teams rareley fight next to a command team and have a tendency to surrender or rout quickly because of that. Supprinsingly, it's usually the more experienced teams that are leaderless while the inexperienced teams have a leader. I wondered if it was made on purpose or if you simply forgot to add a leader in the team.

#2:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 am
    —
Hi Lawyer,

nice spot Smile.

Thing is that 12.SS-PzD had shortage of NCOs and officers but surplus of privates.

Quote:
I've noticed that many german infantry teams don't have any squad leader, it's usually some fireteam but some scouts teams are also leaderless (like the ss spaher).

German doctrine presumed NCO and 2i/c to remain with Gruppe leMG(s). Spaher teams in TRSM r just soldiers from Gruppe that were sent forward to spot possible enemy. Why should they have leaders?Wink

Quote:
Useless to say that scout teams rareley fight next to a command team and have a tendency to surrender or rout quickly because of that.

They should not act far away from other teams. For deep recoinassance u got Aufklarer teams Smile.

Quote:
Supprinsingly, it's usually the more experienced teams that are leaderless while the inexperienced teams have a leader.

Becoz PzGr.Gruppe is devided on 2 Trupp's in TRSM.
Picture that Gruppenfuhrer decided he could rely on experienced soldiers more so he decided to have 1 Trupp eith exp. soldiers and 1 Trupp with inexp. but under his own command Smile.

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1