Dumb tank drivers!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Dumb tank drivers!! Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 am
    —
I just can't get my head around why tanks in CC5 are sooo dumb! In one battle I lost 3 tanks that insisted in wandering into an enemy's los when I wanted them to simply reverse out of harms way. They seem to make a kind of half turn, then go backwards, sometimes getting greased in the process. Sometimes they take for EVER to decide how they are going to move and end up sitting ducks.

A favourite tactic for a lighter tank against heavier armour is to have a tank sit behind cover just out of a fire lane, then have a mortar lay smoke on an enemy tank, then duck out, take a shot and duck back again. Sometimes it works, and sometimes they duck out, shoot and then stuff around deciding what they are going to do, and get hit when the smoke disburses. I would have thought that a tank would be happy going back the way it came to get out of trouble!

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:21 am
    —
Vehicle pathing in CC5 is quite poor. You can help a bit by using a lot of waypoints. To make sure a tank reverses...use the sneak command.

#3: ha! Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:55 am
    —
thats bloody nothing!

....try CCIII original, they di a little gig called'the dance of death' the whole body turns sometimes, and the turrent, sometimes opposite,sometimes same way, driver (after much vodka/snaps/gin and tonics) turns hard right(spin on spot) and commanders thinks, hay i'd better adjust,by turning a random direction, tanks like KV1 turrent 2 times slower, so it often has ass faving german gun/shreck/tank and turrent rear mmg facing enemy...often leading to death of crew.

CoI fixed it somewhat.

CCV was a blessing tank driving,but navigation in CCV is a nightmare compared to CCIII/CoI, apparently map coding is largely responsible. but cc3 i could plan a route without waypoints across maps, its a dream to to ccv, even waypoints fail me often'path blocked' etc...

CCV rebuild, if it does it, ill personally travel to shoot all responsible if tanks drive half as bad! i will expect CCV tank values, and good maps,combined to make smooth driving.

ps anybody note CCMT manual, vehicles on 'stealth'(old crawl mode/command) actually go slower, and pay more attention to enemy,fater reaction times to ambush. Fast is fast,but bad for seing hiding inf.

#4:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:32 pm
    —
If my information is correct all Tanks in CC are driven by women.... no more explanation needed?

#5:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:38 pm
    —
Quote:
If my information is correct all Tanks in CC are driven by women.... no more explanation needed?

Laughing absolutely brilliant.....enter the above in the best posting for 2008 please Laughing

Cheers
Ronson

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1