Any news?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Any news? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:16 am
    —
Any news on the details CC D-Day?
Release date? Official site? News update?

#2:  Author: Martin_Linge PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:24 pm
    —
I am new here, but do we raly know that this is going to happen at all?

I find very little information about it, and total secrecy is a bit weird as a marketing strategy

Linge

#3:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:51 pm
    —
Yeah, it's not like it's a massive game.

#4:  Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:57 pm
    —
Acording to the Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Combat_series

Close Combat (V): Re-Release (2008) - The re-release of Close Combat 5 is scheduled for this year sometime. Information is very limited but we do know many of the bugs are being looked into and possibly Battle of the Bulge and some mods may be included. This version is currently undergoing beta testing.

# Close Combat (VI) or Close Assault - Currently in the early planning phase with no release date known. The game is being developed by S3T, a subsidiary of Matrix Games formerly known as CSO Simtek.

#5:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:30 am
    —
"Close Combat (V): Re-Release (2008) - The re-release of Close Combat 5 is scheduled for this year sometime. Information is very limited but we do know many of the bugs are being looked into and possibly Battle of the Bulge and some mods may be included. This version is currently undergoing beta testing. "

how the heck did he get this info! somebody's gonna fry! lol

#6:  Author: Martin_Linge PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 am
    —
Wikipedia entries are written by whoever care to write about the issue. Whoever wrote the Close Combat entry is likely to be a fan of the series, or at least fans of the series is likely to add to the entry.

That sentence may very well be based on rumors from sites like this. And since that Wikipedia page is the ONLY reference to the re-release I have found outside of this site, I started to wonder.

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:03 pm
    —
I like the look of an Italian campaign

Attack, counter attack... nice range of weapons systems, varied terrain, multi-national.

#8:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 pm
    —
Tack that was my edit. The information is from a conversation with David Heath.

#9:  Author: CSO_Linebacker PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:41 pm
    —
TTorpedo wrote:
Acording to the Wiki:
# Close Combat (VI) or Close Assault - Currently in the early planning phase with no release date known. The game is being developed by S3T, a subsidiary of Matrix Games formerly known as CSO Simtek.

I know that's the popular theory, but S3T is not the artist formerly known as Simtek.

#10:  Author: j516mt PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:21 pm
    —
I really can't wait for the re-release. I used to play CCV religiously almost everyday. I can only hope GJS will be available for it.

#11:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:35 pm
    —
Will it be as good as the versions here though?

#12:  Author: SweeperLocation: Sierra Vista, AZ PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:36 pm
    —
Matrix Games isn't EA, (thankfully), and publish games for a very niche audience. As a result, it's in their and their studio's best interest to publish the game with as much quality as they can. They literally can't afford bad press or reviews. With that in mind, and the fact that I have yet to see Matrix publish a complete lemon of a game( basically, no amount of patching will help), I have high hopes for the remakes and any new games of the series.

#13:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
Preview at wargamer

http://www.wargamer.com/article/2557/close-combat-wacht-am-rhein-preview

#14:  Author: SweeperLocation: Sierra Vista, AZ PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 pm
    —
*looks*

Very nice. I missed 4 and 5 as I didn't know they existed. So folks like me look forward to them.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1