Meuse 3.3 Problem!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Meuse 3.3 Problem! Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:46 pm
    —
I downloaded the meuse mod and tried to install it, but it wouldnt work. It said that it needed to change cc5.exe to cc5.pkp but it couldnt becaust cc5.pkp already existed. So i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it still wouldnt work and had the same error. Do you think maybe the file was corrupted or maybe it is just a problem with the game? I have the patch installed, and have also installed GJS 4.3 and it works fine.

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:15 am
    —
Did you uninstall GJS before you tried to install meuse? There should be no problem with the MOD itself as its been tried and tested for over a year now, the download would of been corrupt since you can Config Mgr seems to be reading it.

#3:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:58 am
    —
That is the 1st file in the install script that the mod is trying to back up before adding new files. There must have been an error in a previous installation attempt and/or uninstalling that the CC5.pkp is still there.

I suggest you uninstall the game and thenn delete everything left but your map directory. Then reinstall the game and the 5.01 patch.

Then give the mod installation a try again.

#4:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:49 pm
    —
Side note: After you have uninstalled CC5,you must also uninstall the patch,or the next time you install the patch,it will not install properly...to do this..Go to...Control Panel/Add Remove programs...search for the 5.01a patch...and select remove.

#5:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:09 pm
    —
Thanks AA_Brian_

I manually installed the patch so I always miss that step.... Embarassed

#6:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:07 pm
    —
Wow thanks everyone. I will try all of the things you told me and then i will tell you if it works. Yes i did uninstall GJS first by the way.

#7:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:09 am
    —
"That is the 1st file in the install script that the mod is trying to back up before adding new files. There must have been an error in a previous installation attempt and/or uninstalling that the CC5.pkp is still there.

I suggest you uninstall the game and thenn delete everything left but your map directory. Then reinstall the game and the 5.01 patch.

Then give the mod installation a try again."--Tejszd

Ok I did all that but now it seems my maps have disappered. The plugin loaded fine, but now i have to get the maps again Rolling Eyes . I will tell you if it works.[/quote]

#8:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:23 am
    —
I got it to work! I played a battle but for some reason there is only one battle to do. Mouzon. If there is a way to fix this please help. But the campaign works fine even on the map other than mouzon. I only played one map. Anyway thank you thank you thank you!!! Very Happy Very Happy

#9:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:43 pm
    —
There is only 1 battle with the mod because there is crash problem when starting single battles (about 50% of the time). I would have had none but the multi player screen will get an error if there isn't 1 battle for it to default to when it opens.

Hope you enjoy the campaigns.

#10:  Author: ThatoneguyLocation: California PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:52 pm
    —
Oh ok. Thanks for the help. Great mod I really enjoy it! Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1