The end of the 6th Army
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

#1: The end of the 6th Army Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:28 am
    —
Although I don't really play the same SOC version than you (I actually play the GerVet mod which will hopefully be released before 2009....), I wanted in this post to relate what's going on in my own GC.... A disaster, as it was in the reality, and maybe even worse!

Since my last post http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4503, the situation in the Kessel has greatly deteriorated. I am now january 17th and my Kessel is in a real danger of being anihilated even more quickly than I expected....

The goal now will be to hold until february 2nd. Nothing else.

The situation is as follows:

Marinovka: LOst
Dimitrievka: Still holding 30% of the map, but still having ammo from Novo Alexeïevskij
Karpovka: One of the only good points. I have taken back some parts of the map, including the bridge on the Karpovka river. The enemy is here out of any AT gun or arty. I still have an arty Gun and a Pz IIIL. They are doing quite well..
Kurgan: OUT
Voroshilov: This is there where the situation has really deteriorated. My last Pz IVF2 is lost, as well as my captured T-34 and one of my two remaining PJ's.... Future is very dark here.
Baburkin and Saponovka: Stable situation. We still hold the flags to our supply locations.
Novo Rogatschik: After days of heavy resistance here, we lost 2 of the 3 important exit flags. The one remaining still gives us the "normal" ammo level.
Bolsche Rossochka: THE real disaster of January 17th. We still hold a part of the map.....the less interesting one. We have lost all the important VL's. No ammo left... No AT guns. The end is close for the 79th.
Jelchi: These poor romanians have been able to fight so far, but with half the ammo.... They are still here, but I am pessimistic about the future.
Iljovinskaïa: Still one of our last strongpoints: the enemy is still charging against our SdKfz's and ADGZ's. Until now, without success. We have lost, however, our last command truck....
Northern Heights: A very strong soviet armored unit is here and is causing us a lot of casualties. We have lost our last captured T-34 and our last Panzer IVF2. Our last chance is a Pak40 and a ....PzIIF! The retreat towards the Tartars Wall seems close...

The situation in the city is unchanged. The AI here is less agressive, as I wanted it to be.

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
Still well in Iljovinskaïa. Thanks to this unit!!!
 Filesize:  176.47 KB
 Viewed:  1866 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

UO0015.jpg
 Description:
The disaster in Bolsche Rossochka
 Filesize:  409.11 KB

UO0015.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
The current situation
 Filesize:  202.76 KB

UO0019.jpg

#2:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 pm
    —
So vet mods are mods designed to make it even harder for the single player? Love this mod bytw!

ps I wonder how long it took to clear up that city in real life!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1