It works, but not correctly
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: It works, but not correctly Author: Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:58 pm
    —
Hi Mooxe, I got two different things:
- First, when I start up a game with somebody (GS or TCP/UDP) I often lose my mic. I use the "Ctrl" button to speak. And when I lose my mic the green light doesn't light up anymore, and my opponent can't hear me anymore. But I can still hear him. And it doesn't happen every time.
- Second, while playing COD, and using the "voice act", my buddies are complaining about hearing themselves in echo. And it is me who is causing this. So I made sure my speakers were out (disconnected them), but no change. I have a Creative Labs Audigy Player sound card and a brand new
Creative HS 300 headset.
What can I do about this?
Thanks for the help.

#2: Re: It works, but not correctly Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:10 pm
    —
Pzt_Cobalth-77 wrote:
Hi Mooxe, I got two different things:
- First, when I start up a game with somebody (GS or TCP/UDP) I often lose my mic. I use the "Ctrl" button to speak. And when I lose my mic the green light doesn't light up anymore, and my opponent can't hear me anymore. But I can still hear him. And it doesn't happen every time.
- Second, while playing COD, and using the "voice act", my buddies are complaining about hearing themselves in echo. And it is me who is causing this. So I made sure my speakers were out (disconnected them), but no change. I have a Creative Labs Audigy Player sound card and a brand new
Creative HS 300 headset.
What can I do about this?
Thanks for the help.

the voice activation will open you mic as fast as one sound is actived.. Then if you playing a game with voice activation, all game sound will active the mic and then your opponent will still hear you anyway( then when your buddy will speak he will hear in same time what your speaker will do, ( his voice receving in your speaker)then it will sound like echos... the better things are to dont use voice activation but to use the key activation... but be carrefull, select a key who got no effect on your game or on your PC( normaly the CTRL right dont made problm in CCV but i dont know what about for COD or other game) cos if you use one key used by the game or the PC it will launch your mic but the other activation too in same time ( Like if you select the key activation F7 in CCV you will active the mic when u will press on but in same time you will opent the soldier status table)

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:22 pm
    —
Yeah I think your problem is your using a key CC5 needs to use.... pick another key and see what happens.

#4:  Author: Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:58 am
    —
Eh...I don't know what to do with these answers.
I was using the "Ctrl" button to speak. And it works for other players, I'm the only one (by my knowledge) that loses his mic (but not always)when starting up a CC5 game.
And for the "Voice activation", I disconnected my speakers. Only used my headset. When someone else spoke my (green) light went on as well. And the speaker gets an echo. I have a bad headset? Playing COD and pushing a button to speak isn't very easy, I need all my fingers to play (in fact I don't have enough fingers to play, lol). And "Voice activation" works for others, why not for me? I cannot sort it out with the settings or options?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1