problem with linux
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: problem with linux Author: mattlud PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:11 pm
    —
I cant install close combat on linux, and since i am addict,; its getting pretty hard to survive!! Rolling Eyes
Thanks for help

#2: Re: problem with linux Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:13 pm
    —
mattlud wrote:
I cant install close combat on linux, and since i am addict,; its getting pretty hard to survive!! Rolling Eyes
Thanks for help

Hi,

1) Regarding CC2, Throw the CD in the closest dustbin, it is the best you can do.
2) Regarding CC3/4/5, go to any site like EBAY, PriceMinister and some others and buy for a penny a Win98 installed PC. And have fun

Cheers
PJ

#3:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:55 pm
    —
Have you tried with both cedega and wine?

#4:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:26 pm
    —
You haven't said what distro you are using, but take a look at this:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3400&highlight=vmware+linux

... it would seem to be possible on Ubuntu.

There are quite a few references to Linux on this forum if you search for them but nobody, to my knowledge, has written a step-by-step guide to the installation of Close Combat on VMWare (and I haven't gotten around to trying it yet).

Good luck!

#5:  Author: fronswa PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 am
    —
You still having to switch back to windows Talorgan?

If you want we could try and get a team together to work on it.
Pipe dreams really, but one has to dream. Otherwise the suicide rates would be enormous (more enormous I should say).

The first decision would probably need to be which CC version to work on to work on.

#6:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 pm
    —
I have Ubuntu running on the-machine-in-the-corner. I haven't tried VMWare yet because it is more important that I add the U-box to the network (for non-gaming purposes). I almost cracked it with this guide:

http://www.europe.eclipse.co.uk/Ubuntu/Ubuntu-on-win-network.htm

but amn't quite there yet.

Not sure we need a team (although I should probably give you a bell next time I'm coming to the big smoke). Pretty sure too that once cracked, VMWare will cater to all versions of the game.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1