Strength of panzer-shreck
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Strength of panzer-shreck Author: flick PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:41 pm
    —
I'm playing the GJS combined with the total realism mod(not sure if that'll change anything) and I've noticed that the Panzer-shrecks have only a yellow AT danger level, surely that's not right?

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:14 pm
    —
TRSM changes alot. you might wann play plain GJS first so you will see the diff.

the thing is schreck was sort of overpowered in GJS. in TRSM you dont kill a tank at 130m with a schreck so often, almost impossible.

thats the mayor change

#3:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:03 pm
    —
That's fair enough if it's a deliberate change, I just assume, because the panzerfaust is a monster at close range, the bigger looking shreck would do more damage.

#4:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:18 pm
    —
Hello flick:)
Part of the range question is down to the scale of the game, for instance the tank guns could in reality fire a very great distance and for game purposes have been reduced, otherwise you could engage targets not only on the map you are fighting on but the one after that Laughing ......so the Shreck has to have a range in proportion to these, otherwise they would be too effective.

Accuracy also enters into it as well.....see the link below which cites the range trials of Shrecks where out of 12 rockets fired at a static target 100m away only 3 actually hit it....compare this to the same trial carried out with Fausts at 30m which had a 100% hit rate.

link:-
http://www.kapitalism.net/pzfaust/pzschreck.htm

Cheers
Ronson

#5:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 pm
    —
Thanks for the reply. I guess historical accuracy sometimes get's into the way of having a fair and fun game. The key to a good game is balancing them.

It's like seeing the small arty pieces tucked into an street or bush at the edges of a map screen, they're useful, buy they should be a mile off!

#6: Re: Strength of panzer-shreck Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 pm
    —
gjs and trsm data is totally different

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1