Major Problems I Need Help With
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Major Problems I Need Help With Author: demcdona PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:04 pm
    —
I have been playing CC since I first picked up CCI the day it came out, but I just started getting into the mod community and I have already managed to mess up my game big time. Before I explain my problem, I wanted to thank everyone who has taken their time and created the fantastic mods available on this website. The level of dedication is truly amazing. With that said, I installed the plugin manager, and the GJS, RSR, BO, and M1940 mods along with their maps. Actually, the first mod and maps I intalled were the RSRv93 and it ran fine. Then I installed the other mods and their maps, and since some mods use maps from other mods, I just wrote over the old maps with the new ones when I installed them. This is when the problems began. I keep getting the following error message:

"Failed to copy C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Data\Battles\Acqueville to System\Original\Acqueville because C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Data\Battles\Acqueville does not exist"

I tried uninstalling CCV but that just made things worse because now my computer still thinks that the game is installed and I can't get the install program to work. When the disk autoplays there is no install option availble and when I click play an error message appears that says ccv.exe does not exist. I've restarted my computer a few times and still no luck. As of right now I have no idea what to do to get this problem fixed, and I would supremely appreciate any assistance that anyone could offer me.

Thanks in advance!

#2:  Author: nomada_EgoSanti PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:35 pm
    —
go to the regedit and delete all the entries of CC, like ISS and matel ect ect etc etc

#3:  Author: nomada_EgoSanti PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:36 pm
    —
done that, turn off your PC before reinstall CC

#4:  Author: demcdona PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:57 pm
    —
Thanks for the idea...in the interim I did a system restore to the previous day, and then I was able to uninstall and reinstall CC. For now I have GJS running fine, so I am going to stick with that and maybe get more ambitious later...one mod at a time. Playing GJS brings me back to when I was a kid playing CCI for the first time. I love it!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1