NEED HELP
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: NEED HELP Author: BRNJSC PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:25 am
    —
Hello mates i have a install this game in my new pc id vista and work fine but when i try to play multiplayer this is what hapends

No im in deploy in kosovo and the base firewall dont give permission for downloads and i dont now if that have anythink id this problem.

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:51 pm
    —
Have you installed all the Vista upgrades? I keep my Home Premium up to date, and i can play cc5 in the internet.

#3:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:14 pm
    —
try "hamachi", i managed to overide firewalls with it, as long as the admin does not take measures against that

#4:  Author: BRNJSC PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:30 am
    —
I cant use hamachi because it dont apears no options of multiplaye on the screem.I think is a instalation the game must be damage but when instaling it dont give any error.

#5: Identical problem Author: towo PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 am
    —
I have experienced the same problem. We are playing CCIV. My Vista looks exactly like the capture shown above, no buttons at all.
My friend's XP shows him possibility to play through modem and serial, but TCP and UDP are missing from him too.
We have an identical security product installed with firewall (F-Secure Client Security). I am very capable of configuring said firewall, and have successfully played CCV with machines that have the same software installed.
So this is not a FW issue. The XP firewall is not even on.
Network between us works fine, and I have made sufficient bypasses on the firewalls for these two computers.
My CCIV has a patch installed, and runs fine against the AI. Same for my friend.

Any ideas on how to get the buttons to show up?

As a sidenote: Funnily enough, I am also in Kosovo Wink but I really don't think this is a local phenomenon.

Thanks in advance.

- Towo

#6:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 am
    —
Use Gamespy Arcade to play online. www.gamespyarcade.com

Disable the "F-Secure"; software firewall.

Open the ports below within your router settings. If your not sure how to enter your routers software, read the manual that came with it.
With Linksys routers, you enter setup through your web browser. Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar then use "admin" for the user name and password. It's a good idea to change your routers default password while your in there.

Pasted from CCV Readme.txt

HEAD TO HEAD
If you are playing behind a firewall or proxy server, the ports 47624, and the range 2300-2400 must be open for both inbound and outbound TCP and UDP traffic. The host machine determines the game speed.

#7:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:59 pm
    —
If your using GameSpy Arcade and are always getting disconnected from the chat server. Enter your routers settings and look for "MTU", set it to manual then change the "size" to 1000 and save your settings. CCS member Pzt Kevin dtn was the one who told me about this fix, Thanks again Kev!.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1