What's the appeal? Am I missing something?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: What's the appeal? Am I missing something? Author: Pzt_Pandemic PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:33 am
    —
I've been playing CC5 for quite some time now. On and Off for the last 4 years. I've played mainly the regular version and the Eastern front mods, and maybe a battle here or there of various other mods, but I decided to try something new and played through a round of the GC in GJS as the Allied for the first time. After 1 round and 5 battles, I would rather chew rusty nails then play again. Having several crawling 7 man teams obliterated by a sniper in 30 seconds, having a gun destroy 4 tanks while the tanks shells had no effect, and not to mention the spotting problems. Why is everything so invisible in this mod? I stepped on top of a flamethrower unit that was firing at me before I could see it. I LITERALLY stepped on top of an enemy sniper, ran past him only to have him shoot me in the back. Having housefulls of enemy shooting at me but not being able to see a single guy. Not all mods are like this. Also the sounds are very dinky. Sounds like they're playing paintball. Compare these to the sounds in Der Kessel. Can't they change them?

Does it get better as the game goes on? Why do so many people play it? I know it sounds like I'm ranting, but what is the appeal of GJS?

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:09 am
    —
And this is against the crappy AI? Vetmod?
Must be something wrong with your tactics Wink

#3:  Author: Pzt_Pandemic PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:02 am
    —
Negative, I only play online. After further reading it seems that the gjs german sniper is some kind of super soldier i guess and some of this stuff is supposed to be fixed with the trsm.

I'm just saying that its my opinion that GJS is a subpar mod and I don't understand why it is the most popular mod for CC5. Is it the theater of Operations? Maybe the units involved?

#4:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:44 pm
    —
GJS is very popular because it was one of first "mods" available out there.

It is also one of the most stable and balanced mods for h2h play. The beaches can be very tough and reaching the historical objectives is nearly impossible to accomplish in the same historical time frame when fight against a seasoned opponent.

Yes snipers can be very difficult in GJS but the right tactics can trump any sniper, and once he's dead you've eliminated one deploy slot of your opponent. Smoke, suppression fire, supported assaults, and overrun are all tools to use against a sniper.

#5: mmm Author: ANZAC_Lord4warLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:29 am
    —
Pzt_Pandemic
Quote:
I've played mainly the regular version and the Eastern front mods, and maybe a battle here or there of various other mods, but I decided to try something new and played through a round of the GC in GJS as the Allied for the first time. After 1 round and 5 battles, I would rather chew rusty nails then play again. Having several crawling 7 man teams obliterated by a sniper in 30 seconds

Funny that most Eastern Front Mods use the GJS german sniper settings. Laughing

#6:  Author: rickloader PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:08 pm
    —
I`m no expert, but I`d just like to say how much I`ve enjoyed this mod. Many thanks to the Author.
Is there a way to return to the original CC5 and still keep GJS?
Rick

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1