Help!? Crash to desktop
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

#1: Help!? Crash to desktop Author: BB-61 PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm
    —
I am relatively new to mods, so please forgive my question.

I downloaded the SOC plugin and mappack. I had previously downloaded and installed the config manager 1.3.

I unzipped the SOC plugin to the plugin directory of CFG-v13. I unzipped the mappack into the maps directory of CC5 (after backing up the map directory).

I started up CFG v13, installed SOC (succesful) and uninstalled the CC5-reg-rank mode. In that order... perhaps I should have done it the other way around?

I start up CC5, comes up fine with the SOC splash screen. If I choose to play the Grand Campaign as the Germans, it asks me what file name I want to save it under. I enter a filename, press next.

Then I see my desktop, and CC5 is gone. Crash to desktop.

Next I try to uninstall the SOC mod. That gives me an error message:

"Failed to copy System\Original\CC5.exe to F:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe because System\Original\CC5.exe does not exist."

Yes, my CC5 installation is on F:\. Yes, I have adjusted my registry according to the instructions elsewhere on this site.

Any suggestions or would it be most efficient to reinstall CC5?

By the way, individual battles appear to work, but with a strange combination of american and german icons.

Regards, Chris

#2:  Author: BB-61 PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:37 pm
    —
Never mind. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything and it works now.

Sorry.

Regards, Chris

#3:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:46 pm
    —
the rank mod was the problem... always uninstall everything fro CFg 1.3 before applying new mods...

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1