vista again
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: vista again Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:42 pm
    —
Hey everyone. Another vista question for you all.

I've been playing online now for a week or two with no problems (apart from not being able to host but thats another matter).

However the other night windows downloaded and installed an automatic update. Now I can't play online Crying or Very sad Just the black screen syndrome when a game launches. Evil or Very Mad

Anyone had or solved the same problem?

Is system restoring to before the update and turning off auto updates going to be the only way to fix it?

#2:  Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 pm
    —
Well, I turned off the auto updates, but the system restore refused to work. An "unspecified error", my favourite kind Rolling Eyes So a quick look around and I discovered how to uninstall the updates individually. Did that and now it works Very Happy wooo

See you online (my white flag is at the ready Very Happy )

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:32 pm
    —
Hi HawkerHart

Do you know which update , exactly, was the problem?

#4:  Author: HawkerHart PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 am
    —
I cant remember, I didn't make a note of it at the time and I cant find a list of updates i've removed at the mo :zzz I think it was something to do with windows defender, it installed itself on the 14th March. Ill have another look tomorrow.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1