Call in AIR STRIKES when you want them & as many as you
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Call in AIR STRIKES when you want them & as many as you Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:51 pm
    —
Hi all,

Has any one else managed to add air strikes to the force pool as i have done in my mod and call them in when you like ?i I mansged this my modifying a mortar team from both sides and adding the explosion and airplane graphics after .

allied air strike.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.24 KB
 Viewed:  6396 Time(s)

allied air strike.jpg

german air strike.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.68 KB
 Viewed:  6396 Time(s)

german air strike.jpg

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:26 pm
    —
I havent seen it in a mod before. Some modders have put in forward observer teams.... If they have line of site on the target they can call in artillery. Its modded basically the same way using mortars.

How does the airstrike team work? Do they need LOS?

#3: No mooxie they can fire blind Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 pm
    —
No mooxie they can fire blind , just like an ordinary mortar team ,They are great to get you out of a tight spot and they are pretty awesome also. The only problem is when the AI deploys three of them against you . y ou will be wiped out if you dont put them out of action , or suppress them as soon as you can. The only change i made to them is their (s et up time) , so an air strike will come about 100 seconds ( real time ) , after you have picked a target to fire on anywhere on the map.

allied 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.67 KB
 Viewed:  6384 Time(s)

allied 1.jpg

#4: Number of days Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:23 pm
    —
By the the way i posed another question in the forum , is it possible to make the number of days longer in ascenario to more than 24 days ? Just wondering !!

#5:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:17 pm
    —
No, you can not go longer than the 24/25 days of the stock CC5 campaign.

#6:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 pm
    —
Quote:
Has any one else managed to add air strikes to the force pool as i have done in my mod and call them in when you like ?

Everything new is the forgotten old Smile.

#7: hex editor Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:47 pm
    —
Did anyone ever try to open a save game wiith a hex editor and find the part where it says ( there are 20 days remaining ) and try to change that to see what would happen.Or can it be found , if soldiers names can be found as i have seen somwhere else on this site ?

#8:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm
    —
Sorry to say but TT made this in CC4 Battle of the Bulge some years ago..i suppose some of you was in Kindergarten then Wink

Mats Razz

#9:  Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 pm
    —
TT made what > what exactly do you mean ?

#10:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:35 pm
    —
Quote:
Sorry to say but TT made this in CC4 Battle of the Bulge some years ago

and before there was CC3 RR:Jabo and CC3 Meuse (IIRC) Smile

#11:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:45 pm
    —
Ryan

Its cool you have given airsupport to Germans, i miss that when play GC. Good initsiative.

#12:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:31 am
    —
Privateryan1 wrote:
TT made what > what exactly do you mean ?

I thought the thread was about putting in aircraft graphics in CC5 with forward observers who could give you as many airsupports you want? Rolling Eyes

Made that in Berlin mod after TT;s advice and as you can see in Dimas post it has been done before that, but maybe i have missed the purpose with the thread Embarassed

/Mats

#13:  Author: KGPeiperLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:13 pm
    —
Privateryan1 wrote:

Sapa wrote:

Could you guys write something more on this subject?
I'm especially interested in: how to add graphics and sound for 'plane' to see and hear him on screen Smile

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1