Ummmm ..... What!? (areas under control)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

#1: Ummmm ..... What!? (areas under control) Author: BB-61 PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:42 pm
    —
Has anyone ever seen a situation where the areas under control change (considerably!) between what is shown before the battle (which corresponds to the way it was left at the last battle) and the way the map is represented when you actually can place your units?

Example: Rakotino, afternoon of the 10th of January. So the 2nd round of fighting (I have pictures but don't know how to insert them).

Before the fight, and identical to the way I left it in the 1st round, the Germans (me) control all victory locations except the two in the lower right corner, and the bridge is undecided. The Russians have a dark gray area extending part way up the southern side of the hill to the south east of the pond/lake. Fine.

When battle actually starts, it comes with "Axis attack" and I control only the exteme lower right corner (which the Russians had). The Russians control the bottom edge of the map from the left hand bottom corner to the center, with a slice going up to the river and also a small section in the upper left corner. All victory locations are undecided. There weren't any strategic movements in or out of the area. At least not by me.

You can understand that this is very nasty for me. What gives?

Regards, Chris

#2: Re: Ummmm ..... What!? (areas under control) Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:36 pm
    —
BB-61 wrote:
Has anyone ever seen a situation where the areas under control change (considerably!) between what is shown before the battle (which corresponds to the way it was left at the last battle) and the way the map is represented when you actually can place your units?

Example: Rakotino, afternoon of the 10th of January. So the 2nd round of fighting (I have pictures but don't know how to insert them).

Before the fight, and identical to the way I left it in the 1st round, the Germans (me) control all victory locations except the two in the lower right corner, and the bridge is undecided. The Russians have a dark gray area extending part way up the southern side of the hill to the south east of the pond/lake. Fine.

When battle actually starts, it comes with "Axis attack" and I control only the exteme lower right corner (which the Russians had). The Russians control the bottom edge of the map from the left hand bottom corner to the center, with a slice going up to the river and also a small section in the upper left corner. All victory locations are undecided. There weren't any strategic movements in or out of the area. At least not by me.

You can understand that this is very nasty for me. What gives?

Regards, Chris

Hi,

Mmmm, Sorry but this kind of things/bugs is inside the CC.exe and can happen from time to time.
I really recommend to all of you to make a backsave with your GC every day in case of.

Sorry, But this is not due to SOC.

Anyway, do with it and tomorrow will be a better day.

Cheers
PJ

#3:  Author: BB-61 PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:54 pm
    —
That's what I was afraid of. I save after each battle, but I don't backtrack if I don't like the results. It does help against the occasional crash (I've had a blue screen once).

Thanks.

#4:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:56 am
    —
Check to see if you opponent moved into the map. This can change things considerably.

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:39 pm
    —
Pzt_Kevin_dtn could be right.

Check that your opponent hasn't switched battle groups on you... he may have moved in from a different angle.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1