France 1940 Mod Verision 3 Troubles
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: France 1940 Mod Verision 3 Troubles Author: Richards PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 am
    —
Hi guys,

I loaded on the mod and can get in the game but when i go to 'play game' to comes up with 'please insert close combat 3 cd'etc and i clock ok (because it is in the computer) and comes up again and i click ok and then comes up with 'unable to load data/base/uoNames.txt

WTF??? Any ideas?

#2:  Author: Frederick PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:37 pm
    —
I have the same problem!!

#3:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:09 am
    —
I also have this problem. I tried renaming the names.txt file, but it uses an accented 'u' and 'o', and I don't know how to get them on the english keyboard. So BUMP!!! Someone please help.

#4:  Author: yukongoldLocation: Whitehorse,Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:54 am
    —
Hi guys, I don't have the mod so I can't say for sure if renaming the **Names.txt will work, but if you need the special characters you can use the windows character map to generate them. Go to Programs - Accessories - System tools - Character Map. Select Arial Unicode for your font, and the character/s you need........then you can copy and paste them.

The alternate way to do this is look in the bottom right corner of the character map.......it will gave and Alt + number. You can hold your alt key down and enter the number value on your keypad......then release the alt key. If you are using Notepad pick Arial Unicode as well.

Hope this works for you.

cheers.

#5:  Author: Mad_Dog PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:15 pm
    —
Renaming the file using the character map worked for me.

But trying to play the battle "The Stonne Encounter", I would get a mesage saying 'cannot find stonne.mmm', so I downloaded Stonne1 and Stonne2 seperately from the custom maps downloads, and now I can play that battle. It seems to hve got rid of the insert CD problem as well.

Thanks a lot yukongold!! :^)

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1