Always see enemy
Yes
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 22

#1: Always see enemy or not? Author: ablackholeLocation: At center of Milky Way PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:53 am
    —
Just wondering how many people keep "always see enemy"on. I usually do, 'cuz I don't like running into ambushes.

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:06 am
    —
Hmm...what's the point of playing a wargame if you can see the enemy?
BTW, a better poll would be how many ppl turn on "always see enemy" for the AI...to give the AI an advantage Wink

Last edited by squadleader_id on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:00 am
    —
I love a good ambush.

Never see the enemy... until it's too late.

#4:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:46 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:

BTW, a better poll would be how many ppl turn on "always see enemy" for the AI...to give the AI an advantage Wink

Laughing

I have never even tried "always see enemy". I canĀ“t understand why someone would use that against the AI.

#5:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm
    —
A good player always sees the enemy!

#6:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:57 pm
    —
I used to do that when I was first learning how to play I or II. Then I realized how bad the AI was and it needed all the help it could get.

#7: Re: Always see enemy or not? Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 pm
    —
ablackhole wrote:
Just wondering how many people keep "always see enemy"on. I usually do, 'cuz I don't like running into ambushes.

Always see the enemy is just the most stupid setting I have never seen in my life.

What can I say more?

Just forget it.

Play with realism

Can you see someone behind a wall, a hill etc....

Completement debile

Cheers
PJ

#8:  Author: king_tiger_tankLocation: the Band and State of Kansas PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm
    —
sorry lad, never done it, never will.

#9:  Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm
    —
Does it help the AI at all? Seems the AI can see all anyway, but reacting to
what it sees is another story.

#10: Re: Always see enemy or not? Author: ablackholeLocation: At center of Milky Way PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm
    —
Always see the enemy is just the most stupid setting I have never seen in my life.
Can you see someone behind a wall, a hill etc....
Cheers
PJ[/quote]

I can barely see anything, and need all the help I can get.

I'm glad that you can see stupid things like that, but I'm lucky if i can see someone in FRONT of a wall...

#11:  Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:27 pm
    —
Obviously if you are playing then fog-of-war is all. If you are testing however, being able to see the enemy becomes very useful. On the tactical map battles are greatly speeded when the enemy consists of one old man with a stick, and you know where he is. In testing a new stratmap and its connections, the movements of enemy battlegroups are interesting. If all of this is done before VLs (other than exit and entry) are chosen the game is not ruined for you when you come to play it later.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1