# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: WH40K mod on CC engine Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:34 pm
    —
Hi all,

check this vid:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=4008

especially be carefull at 1:34 and 1:37 mins. that rox!!!
at last someone made good WH40K mod on CC engine!

THANX CCMT CREW Exclamation Very Happy

#2:  Author: Vman PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:10 pm
    —
Is that actually a WH40k mod? I can't really tell what makes it that.

What has been altered? There is also a CCV 40k mod by zcharles.

If this CCMT mod is any good, I just might have to buy the game...

#3:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:29 pm
    —
I think that is a vid of one of the 2 "instant action" scenarios included with CCMT.

The other 29 scenarios are varied and give you time to deploy your teams.

That scenario is a great way to jump straight into the action for a new player.

Would make a great Warhammer base too.

#4:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:13 pm
    —
It comes like WH40K out of the box...

huuu, who knows maybe the Mk 19 AGL (automatic grenade Launcher) will in realety be able to do what it does in CCMT by the year.... 40 000 AD? hehe

#5:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:26 am
    —
Serious fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PkYIhjduM

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/mk19.htm

The system was deployed in Southwest Asia during Operation Desert Storm and devastated enemy infantry.

#6: LOL Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:41 am
    —
Hmm

mmm

AGL_CCMT style_WH40K_LOL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  240.89 KB
 Viewed:  12248 Time(s)

AGL_CCMT style_WH40K_LOL.jpg

#7:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:52 am
    —
I don't understand what you are implying, if anything.

Indirect fire over 2 buildings , just like a mortar

Maximum range: 2200 meters
Maximum effective range: 1600 meters
Rates of fire:
Cyclic: 325-375 rounds per minute
Rapid: 60 rounds per minute
Sustained: 40 rounds per minute
Unit Replacement Cost: $13,758

#8:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:56 am
    —
Indirect at 100m??

#9:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:59 am
    —
The CC engine can't model it any other way, but it is feasable if difficult to accomplish.
Although we modelled the UGL by assigning 2 weapons to the soldier.

This might be a solution but the soldier will need to carry 2 AGL's......

Got me thinking now, .. could probably creat a zero weight AGL as the 2nd weapon.
1st AGL has direct fire capability only and carries the usual data.

the 2nd AGL is indirect fire only and carries the zero weight data.

will look into that

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

The CCMT team :0)

Last edited by schrecken on Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

#10:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 am
    —
Is it.... Really....
Not... How about its used only as Direct fire, as most battles is WITH IN 800m in CCMT.

#11:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 am
    —
Nah

I like my idea better.

thanks again

EDIT:
some maps are 4000 metres wide.

#12:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:11 am
    —
Nice u edited your post...

#13:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 am
    —
That's what the edit button is for... haven't you ever used it?... it's at the top right of each of your posts....

#14:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:19 am
    —
Why am I not suprized... You edit 72% of that post, not a word is the same, but I like the idea AFTER you edited it..
See what some reserch will do to CCMT... Continue it, and who knows what CCMT will be..

Another thing, as im at it, does this image give you any ideas of the effectiveness of the 40mm AGL grenade?
Or have I missed something, is it a 40mm WH40k nuclear greande?

CCMT_nuclear 40mm AGL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.06 KB
 Viewed:  12061 Time(s)

CCMT_nuclear 40mm AGL.jpg

#15:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 am
    —
Effective radius is 15 metres

We have it 10-15 HE blast radius

60mm mortar 12 m HE blast radius, which the Mk40 replaces in combat units

#16:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:48 am
    —
hhmmm
mmm

Laughing

#17:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:29 pm
    —
yes

#18:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm
    —
Quote:
Or have I missed something, is it a 40mm WH40k nuclear greande?

of coz u did miss. The 81mm mine u've shown has charachters on it, so not US made. How can it be compared with US 40mm?!

as for WH40K,
we got some exclusive information from the Top Secret WH40K training center. we can't reveal our sources but basically it was told that CCMT that was tested out as possible training simulator for Space Marines was rejected as "too bloody and unrealistic....even for Bloody Sadistic Ravens Space Marines".

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful feedback.

more tip for u:
that's not the AGL that kills the infantry behind the walls in that video Smile.

#19:  Author: Senior_DrillLocation: 22134 PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:18 pm
    —
The basic programming for indirect fire weapons in the CC series has never modelled the geometry very realistically. Since CC2, I try to place my mortar teams as close to the back side of a building as possible to gain the extra protection, yet they can fire right over a 3 or 4 story building and land a round right on the edge of the opposite side of another building. It just can't be done that way in real life.

That's one of the reasons that an entirely new engine is being written for CC6. The game codes for the CC series were not created from scratch for each new game. The previous code was used and new parts were added and new parts added to fix things that didn't work right in the newer parts.

By the time of CCM and then the commercial version CCMT, some things within the code are so strung out with exceptions, revisions and re-directs that what would seem like an easy, logical change is not easy at all and leads to many unintended consequenses. Simple A + B = C calculations become A + B = C if D is used but not E, then F - G, but if F >H, then I - J, but only if K < A, then use new table W and then subtract L from B, but only if D is in table W and if not then use table Y and add the cosign of M, then take that to table Z and add that line to A before you do anything else.

I was on the test team for the bug fixes of CCM v3 to get it ready for the Gazette version 3.1. The changes were being done by programmers at Atomic and they even had a lot of problems with it. One "fix" caused Night of the Living Dead like zombies walking around the battle field that could not be ordered or killed. Funny to see, but a waste of testing time. TheBlood! has said that the codes are so full of stuff that is no longer used that they could be one third the size if all the band aids could be pulled out without breaking something.

#20:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:20 pm
    —
Drill,

what is yer post about?
anything to tell on the issue in the video i pointed?
if not, why bother to make such big posts about nothing - hobby?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2