GameSpy in Mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

#1: GameSpy in Mods Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:08 am
    —
Howdy,

I encourage anyone out there making mods for CC5 to make these small additions. On the main screen, as part of the background include the Gamespy icon. Also include a "where to play" section in the readme.txt file of the plugin. The goal is to raise awareness of where to play online.

#2:  Author: Dfox PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:50 am
    —
And what does Gamespy think about this ?

#3:  Author: karlmortarLocation: Falköping,Sweden PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am
    —
I think they should be happy, that we are directing people to use their GS

#4:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:09 pm
    —
Putting the GS logo on the main screen of a mod, is going a little too far. :money

#5:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 pm
    —
If mod makers actually did decide to add the GS logo, to the main screen image. It should be the size of the "emotion smilies" used in this forum, 15x15 pixels or smaller.

#6:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm
    —
How about putting the GS logo on the Multiplayer Screen?

#7:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:56 pm
    —
The size of the image, and the actual placement fall second to actually whats needed to direct people to online play.

From the stats I keep on this site, over 70%.... its actually more like 90% of the people play single player. Those people happily play the game with the links to MSN Zone and MPlayer showing in the game. Many of them probably have no clue most CC5 online play starts at Gamespy. We might as well do something to fix that right?

#8:  Author: shasadouLocation: Moscow PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:57 am
    —
i fully support ur idea.

awareness of cc5 online playing should be raised through gs

Close Combat Series -> Site Info

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1