Real Difference in Difficulty Settings
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Real Difference in Difficulty Settings Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:08 pm
    —
This is a question for ANY AND ALL Mods whether it be GJS, SOC, AFRICA, SAS or ANY OTHER mod out there.

What is the difference between difficulty settings?

I do know for example that in some mods a setting of Recruit will make some new units available that previous were not available. For example, I think GJS provides Crocodiles on the Recruit setting or something like that. I also know that with some Mods MORE UNITS become available in the BG when the setting is on Recruit. So, for example, if normally there 10 BAR units available you will now have access to 16.

Are any other items changed with a new difficulty setting? Does performance differ? Do some tanks or guns improve AP capability? Do some infantry units improve their kill ratio? Or anything else? Can these things even be changed between difficulty settings?

I have been working a lot lately on creating custom scenarios and want to know if anything other than UNITS AVAILABLE change with a different setting. I like to create balanced ops so that either side can win when played by evenly matched players and I'd hate to have that balanced impacted if the difficulty settings alter something unknown.

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:34 pm
    —
CMIIW but AFAIK, only the FPOOLS.adb is affected by the difficulty settings.
The difficulty settings columns only appear in the FPOOLS.adb.

#3:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:35 pm
    —
hi,

Quote:
Are any other items changed with a new difficulty setting? Does performance differ? Do some tanks or guns improve AP capability? Do some infantry units improve their kill ratio? Or anything else? Can these things even be changed between difficulty settings?

no Smile.
only availability of teams and number of them.

#4:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 pm
    —
On some mod or unmoded somes units may be replaced by other one more powerfull.
But in many case, the real thing changed is the number of units and exeprience of them

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1