Where and How can I download the Close Combat Starter?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Where and How can I download the Close Combat Starter? Author: NSK PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 pm
    —
Dear sirs,

I've tried every link I found on this site, but I just can't download the starter program! "The connection has timed out
The server at www.closecombat.org is taking too long to respond." is all I get Sad
Can anybody help? Please?

#2:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:14 pm
    —
Close Combat starter? What do u mean?

#3: Re: Where and How can I download the Close Combat Starter? Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:47 pm
    —
NSK wrote:
Dear sirs,

I've tried every link I found on this site, but I just can't download the starter program! "The connection has timed out
The server at www.closecombat.org is taking too long to respond." is all I get Sad
Can anybody help? Please?

the forum you seek has moved to here http://www.closecombatonline.com/forums/

close combat starter? ask squadleader_id

#4:  Author: NSK PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:04 pm
    —
Thanks, I'll try it.

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 pm
    —
I'm pretty sure I've posted the utility as an attachment on one of my posts...but I can't seem to locate the post...so here we go again.
This utility was made by Bernd Nowak for CSO and AFAIK was never made available as a download at CSO...only as an attachment on the old forum (CSO.org)...and probably lost when CSO changed hosting.
It's a nifty little utility and all CC maniacs should use it...simple but brilliant!

ccstarterv201.zip
 Description:
ccstarter v2.01 by Bernd Nowak (from CSO.org).

Download
 Filename:  ccstarterv201.zip
 Filesize:  284.32 KB
 Downloaded:  944 Time(s)

#6:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 am
    —
Now hosted at CSo but not linked in.

http://www.closecombatonline.com/Tools/ccstarterv201.zip

#7:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 am
    —
Nice, Shreckie...it's a shame that ccstarter slipped through the cracks the first time around.
Hopefully this will solve compatibility problems for a lot of CC nuts Very Happy

#8:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:23 pm
    —
yeh, it was never on the server, as you said...only an attachment.

Now it's on the server.... but can't link it in. (yet)

#9:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 pm
    —
Another great advantage of using the CC Starter Utility.
Management of multiple mod installs on the same machine is a breeze!

#10:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:46 pm
    —
Wow , didnĀ“t know there was tool like this available. Thank you Smile
Multiple mods at same time :::::droolage

#11: Re: Where and How can I download the Close Combat Starter? Author: stapleton_cottonLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:08 pm
    —
Does CC Starter come with any instructions? I've been trying to play CC5 on Windows 7 for the past week and spending about 2 hours a day trying to fix mods - averaging about 7 different error messages a day - all without any success,  so any help would be great!

Maps missing - error 5 - "blah.btd does not exist" "disk full"  "cannot open blah blah blah" .txt file does not exist"  etc etc etc etc ad nauseam. What fun!

#12: Re: Where and How can I download the Close Combat Starter? Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:27 am
    —
CC starter cant fix a screwed up game instal..disc is full is a typical missing maps error..;)

CC starter is just a program to help you run CC on never systems if you start it is an easy tool

Put a dot in every window and in the scroll down find your CC5.Exe

hursvartkandeva.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.66 KB
 Viewed:  8483 Time(s)

hursvartkandeva.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1