Will the price ever drop?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#41:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:12 pm
    —
It's kinda sad, Indeed. When I paid 9$ (which actuall was only 7$ back then, because $ was worth more) for CC5, I paid for a game that was made 6 programmers.
If I bought just CC5 after it was released, I would pay 21$ for a new part of CC that was made by 6 programmers.

Having to pay 39.99$ + tax for a game that was made one or less programmer is a joke.

#42:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:38 pm
    —
oh sorry, missed it.

There were 2 programmers, that I know of....

#43:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:44 pm
    —
One of the big problems with CC is the schism between AI at different levels.

There were many programmers for CC5 , but they didn't talk to each other.

The Program tries to make decisions and fights against it's self because the different levels of AI control don't communicate properly and give multiple self negating commands.

Steve has been looking at the code and generally doing a great job of untangling the mess.

#44:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:58 am
    —
Out of curiosity, why weren't the programmers listed in the credits?

#45:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:10 am
    —
No Idea

The ppl who made those decisions are no longer involved.

EDIT: The Head of Developement - Steve McClaire was head programmer - that's industry talk programmer = Developer

#46:  Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:05 am
    —
schrecken wrote:
One of the big problems with CC is the schism between AI at different levels.

Seem still to be there... As I see some CC5 mods has equal or better playing or harder AI then COI. So in a compare COI AI is not impressing IMHO...

schrecken wrote:

There were many programmers for CC5 , but they didn't talk to each other.

You mean sort of like the infight at Simtec while developing COI? Lucky for you that just you came out as one of the few survivors...

schrecken wrote:

Steve has been looking at the code and generally doing a great job of untangling the mess.

Okay Steve the Simtec/COI programmer focus on untangling the cod, hard and time consuming for a programmer no doubt... Maybe In contrast the Atomic crew WHO ACTUALLY made the cod.....

Sweat days of Atomic, days to be rememberd!

#47:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 am
    —
Quote:
Sweat days of Atomic, days to be rememberd!

Yes, thay are the guys who made my favourite game.

All Hail KZ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A144I2VJ9T0N26/ref=cr_cm_rdp_pdp

Wink

#48:  Author: DasHoff PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:01 am
    —
lol

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3