Worth downloading?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

#1: Worth downloading? Author: flick PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:14 pm
    —
Well, is the game art or fart? Laughing

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:36 pm
    —
If you haven't played CC1...download it just to experience the history of CC Smile
It wasn't bad when CC1 first came out...but nowadays...it's so dated!
I can't even stand the graphics and presentation of CC2 anymore...the gameplay is spot on...but playing CC1-CC2 on a modern PC with a 20" LCD...the very dated graphics are magnified! Very Happy

#3:  Author: sample PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:31 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
If you haven't played CC1...download it just to experience the history of CC Smile
It wasn't bad when CC1 first came out...but nowadays...it's so dated!
I can't even stand the graphics and presentation of CC2 anymore...the gameplay is spot on...but playing CC1-CC2 on a modern PC with a 20" LCD...the very dated graphics are magnified! Very Happy

for me, the cc2 graphics is 'evergreen' if i could say so; the story and the action is IMO without equal

regards Very Happy

#4:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:43 am
    —
it was the best god darned game in 1995/6. today it can barely cope with modern computer speeds. u need special code line to run it, add patch and use (with XP/vista) compatibility mode.

but its still a blast, had it loaded just 6 months ago.

#5:  Author: flick PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:24 am
    —
Thanks for the info guys.

#6:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:11 am
    —
ANZAC_Tack wrote:
It was the best god darned game in 1995/6.

Along with... Command & Conquer (Aug 31, 1995), Quake (May 31, 1996) and X-COM: Terror From the Deep (Feb 28, 1995).

Close Combat was released: June 30, 1996.

#7:  Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:50 am
    —
digs, i hearby courtmarshal u for insults to the CC gods...

U R BANISHED!

ok seriously though, cc1 was revolutionary, and changed my life of gaming, i have nothing to do with anyother games really since! i play the stuff on Wii,and have tried stuff on xbox360, PSIII,but its all great looking and fun, but not strategical for me.

#8:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 pm
    —
ANZAC_Tack wrote:
ok seriously though, cc1 was revolutionary, and changed my life of gaming, i have nothing to do with anyother games really since! i play the stuff on Wii,and have tried stuff on xbox360, PSIII,but its all great looking and fun, but not strategical for me.

I could never devote myself, to just one game. Their's so many good ones, I'd be missing out on all the fun.
You start seeing the flaws with a game, if you play it for too long; then it become's tiresome. :zzz

Not sure how I could forget this one, Diablo (Nov 30, 1996). Very Happy

#9:  Author: flick PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 am
    —
Diablo?..my poor teenaged thumbs!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1