Winter War version 2.0
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Winter War version 2.0 Author: Kartboy6Location: Lisboa, PORTUGAL PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:20 pm
    —
As you guys know I'm updating the Winter War mod (cc5), if you have any suggestion or any bug to report please do it.
Cheers
G.

#2:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:33 pm
    —
Sapa's Karelia mod has mines that actually destroy tanks. (They don't appear as read dots on the overview map (those are still AP mines that don't do a thing to tanks) but those mines really help the Finns and keep it exciting. Also there's a good deal of info on the web regarding Finnish tank strength and the like -- one thing both mods lack is armored vehicles for the Finns -- they had them and although they won't help you much in battle, having some vehicles helps when you're trying to secure VLs coming into a meeting engagement, so letting the Finns have some vehicles (besides the random tank) would be cool.

#3:  Author: Nembo PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:30 pm
    —
I agree with Antifa giving the Finns a few vehicles would be nice. But then the Finns didn't have a ton of tanks did they.

#4:  Author: Kartboy6Location: Lisboa, PORTUGAL PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 am
    —
Antifa wrote:
Sapa's Karelia mod has mines that actually destroy tanks. (They don't appear as read dots on the overview map (those are still AP mines that don't do a thing to tanks) but those mines really help the Finns and keep it exciting. Also there's a good deal of info on the web regarding Finnish tank strength and the like -- one thing both mods lack is armored vehicles for the Finns -- they had them and although they won't help you much in battle, having some vehicles helps when you're trying to secure VLs coming into a meeting engagement, so letting the Finns have some vehicles (besides the random tank) would be cool.

I have gave the finns some captured tanks and the 16 or 8 vicker tanks that really participated in winter war in the karelian isthmus sector.
About the mines, Finns infantry teams have alot of AT capability with kassapanos and molotovs in my opinion.
Anything else?
Cheers

#5:  Author: Antifa PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:48 pm
    —
I saw the new strat map in COmbat Camera -- it kicks ass. I can't think of anything else -- I mean the mod is great to begin with and all of the work you've done on other mods has been fantastic -- so I guess the only otherthing would be --

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:37 pm
    —
Remember that there is 4 years of war betwen the Winter War Nov -39 to march -40 and the Sovjet offensive of -44.

If you read about the Finnish Army of -39 you could see that there was a miracle they could stand up against the Sovjets.Some soldiers were even out of uniforms in the beginning.

The Finnish Army of -44 was a completely different one supported by the Germans.

Hi!

Mats

#7: How to upload Author: rakovsky PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:21 pm
    —
I made my own operation for Winter War 1.4. Can someone you tell me how to add it to the list of Ops for people to download, thanks.

It's called the Siege of Viipuri / Vyborg and I have attached it to the message.

Also, I have a hard time seeing how the Finns can win in a two player matchup, the russian tanks are so strong. I want to play someone sometime so they shoiw me i'm wrong.

Good luck,
Rako

:Cool

#8: Tip for Winter War Update Author: rakovsky PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:29 am
    —
Kartboy,

My tip for updating- Add in my historically-accuate battle to your game!

Also, change your battles to work as operations. People like me and AT Stalky have found problems with the battles, they crash. But if you turn them into Operations using the scenario editor and adding supply spaces for both sides, then they work!

Good Luck!

-Rako.

siege_of_viipuri.zip
 Description:
Here, I added a map to my file of Vyborg at the time.

Download
 Filename:  siege_of_viipuri.zip
 Filesize:  250.72 KB
 Downloaded:  403 Time(s)

#9: Re: How to upload Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:13 am
    —
rakovsky wrote:
I made my own operation for Winter War 1.4. Can someone you tell me how to add it to the list of Ops for people to download, thanks.

It's called the Siege of Viipuri / Vyborg and I have attached it to the message.

Also, I have a hard time seeing how the Finns can win in a two player matchup, the russian tanks are so strong. I want to play someone sometime so they shoiw me i'm wrong.

Good luck,
Rako

:Cool

I'vee been playing with my friend as russia, and he's kinda good player, and he can destroy tanks, because he knows how i play.

BTW the finnish ATG:s are too easy to explode.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1