Bir Hakeim May news
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Bir Hakeim May news Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:06 am
    —
Hi to all,

It is time now to recover the old tradition of PJ mods! Every month will be availlable a short summary of how the upcoming mods are going.

Those of you who understand french are already awareof that -I did a post yesterday for the people understanding/speaking the international language- but for the others..... let's go for it,

1) BH Stratmap is completed and working
2) I have installed a beta beta version on my PC. It works
3) BH will bbe like SDKDK a shorter mod. Not because of my lazyness! just because the BH battlefield was historically small and, I have to admit, because CC on 20 maps is great!
4) 4 maps are already coded and 7 are painted, ready to be coded. All the remaining ones are at least in PSP.
5) Graphics are going well. The game graphics are more or less finished, and I'am working hard on all the others, including the Unit Icons which, as you may know, are very important for me. Let's say that 60% are already achieved..
6) The Data files are going on, but are late... I am gathering a lot of info about french, italian and german forces in the BH area in may/june 42.... It is as easy as gathering info for my Stalingrad's mods§

Anyway, I am confident to be ready to launch BH around end of 2008.

But the decision will greatly depend on how the mod will be perceived. I don't want to see BH suffering to what happened to SOC and what will happen to SDKDK.

Cheers
PJ

#2: Re: Bir Hakeim May news Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:12 am
    —
pzjager wrote:

But the decision will greatly depend on how the mod will be perceived. I don't want to see BH suffering to what happened to SOC and what will happen to SDKDK.

Cheers
PJ

What do you means? What happened to this mod?

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:19 am
    —
Yes, what's the matter with SOC and SDKDK?

#4:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:38 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote:

Everything is OK. The best mod I could do is just ignored by the community.

But anyway, I mod first for myself, so SDKDK, SDK v2.0, the fantastic SOC v1.1 and BH will exist and will be available for everyone.

JUst deceived from people who apparently cannot imagine the amount of work and time a mod takes....

A+

#5:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:21 pm
    —
pzjager wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

But anyway, I mod first for myself, so SDKDK, SDK v2.0, the fantastic SOC v1.1 and BH will exist and will be available for everyone.

JUst deceived from people who apparently cannot imagine the amount of work and time a mod takes....

A+

Ahh...I see what you mean.
The community is mostly CC fans/players...but not really active forum posters (ie=lurkers).
So like I said before...don't expect too many people to speak up.

BTW, check the download stats of SDK and SOC...they're far from being ignored by the community...eventhough not too many people bother to post their appreciation in the forums.

#6:  Author: flick PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 pm
    —
If people don't post thank-you's, it's not personal..they're just lazy.

That's the trouble with the anonymous internet.

#7:  Author: Rek PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:42 am
    —
squadleader_id wrote:
pzjager wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

A+

Ahh...I see what you mean.
The community is mostly CC fans/players...but not really active forum posters (ie=lurkers).
So like I said before...don't expect too many people to speak up.

BTW, check the download stats of SDK and SOC...they're far from being ignored by the community...eventhough not too many people bother to post their appreciation in the forums.

i think like squadleader

moreover, a great number of cc players doesn´t dominated the english language... i include myself in this group Embarassed

now i am "fighting" again stalin hordes at SOC...

PD: sorry for don´t participate more at forum, but i am a vague spanish Laughing Laughing Laughing , so i spend more time "commanding" my squads at stalingrad, meuse, utah, juno, sword, africa, finland, ebro, alamein, ... When we can saw a CC5 mod of Italy??? Wink

#8:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 am
    —
Your mods are greatly appreciated PJ. Keep up the great work. Not sure why people don't speak up more but I'm sure there is some statistical mantra that goes something like this:
" for every person that voices their oppinion there are 10-100 others who share the same opinion but don't take the time to voice it"

So the fact that people are speaking up about your mods is an indication or their popularity. Thank you for helping keep CC alive a kicking.

#9:  Author: caribaceyLocation: St Martin, Caribbean PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:39 pm
    —
Actually PzJager, when I play CC, it is more than likely its one of your mods.

#10:  Author: Panzergrenadier87Location: Birmingham, UK PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:53 pm
    —
Bir Hakeim sounds like it will be excellent, good work!

Always remember the little ones among us who don't speak up nearly enough: your mods are amazing stuff, and really deserve the appreciation of the community!

Good stuff, good luck!
x

#11:  Author: Hanzs-Sobieski PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 am
    —
I like your mods, are great Laughing

#12:  Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 pm
    —
Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Your mods are greatly appreciated PJ. Keep up the great work. Not sure why people don't speak up more but I'm sure there is some statistical mantra that goes something like this:
" for every person that voices their oppinion there are 10-100 others who share the same opinion but don't take the time to voice it"

So the fact that people are speaking up about your mods is an indication or their popularity. Thank you for helping keep CC alive a kicking.

Totally Agree!!
I personaly like your MODs, and will be very happy to play BH!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1