Changing Force Pool Limits and/or Composition in CC5
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Changing Force Pool Limits and/or Composition in CC5 Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 pm
    —
Hi folks,

I am new here, but a long-time CC-series player who has done some limited mods in the past with CC3-CC5. I stress the word "limited."

I recently downloaded the "Stalingrad, der Kessel" mod and I really like it. In fact, I like it so much that I will no doubt play it several times.

My question relates to the topic -- how do I go about altering the force pool composition and/or unit limits in this mod? I am thinking about making some "what if?" scenarios for myself based on this mod.

Is this feasible, or is this in the "too hard to do box" for a relative novice.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Edge Gibbons
COL, Infantry
US Army

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:58 pm
    —
It's not that hard.
Download BGEdit and try it out yourself:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=558

For elite vs elite settings...it's simple. For the other settings, you have to edit the FPools.adb manually...not fun Smile

#3:  Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:05 am
    —
Thanks. I'll download that, but I think that what I am after is more like adding vehicle types and numbers of vehicles available. So, I think that means the actual FPools.adb files. I am not interested in changing vehicle characteristics or performance, or the composition, for example, of a particular vehicle or squad, just want to add or subtract unit types to the force pools for the individual BGs.

I did this for CC4 using QClone back in what seems like the dawn of time, but have no idea what this would be like for a Mod in CC5.

Edge

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:11 am
    —
Buffalo_6 wrote:
Thanks. I'll download that, but I think that what I am after is more like adding vehicle types and numbers of vehicles available. So, I think that means the actual FPools.adb files. I am not interested in changing vehicle characteristics or performance, or the composition, for example, of a particular vehicle or squad, just want to add or subtract unit types to the force pools for the individual BGs.

I did this for CC4 using QClone back in what seems like the dawn of time, but have no idea what this would be like for a Mod in CC5.

Edge

Exactly! BGEdit is the tool you're looking for.
BGEdit is the editor for FPools.adb and BGroups.adb.
It's a lot harder to edit them using QClone.

To edit individual vehicles/squads/teams...you need to use Qclone to edit Alsteam, GETeams, Soldiers.adb.

Isurava_June080011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.78 KB
 Viewed:  5056 Time(s)

Isurava_June080011.jpg

#5:  Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:11 am
    —
Outstanding!!!

This looks like exactly what I want to do!

Thanks so much, Brother.

Edge

#6:  Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:16 am
    —
Squad Leader,

I went to the MS site to download MSJVM, and it states that as of 31 Dec 2007 it is no longer available.

Any other place I might be able to download it?

Thanks

#7:  Author: Buffalo_6 PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 am
    —
Never mind -- I found it here on the site (doh!).

Edge

#8: Re: Changing Force Pool Limits and/or Composition in CC5 Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:54 pm
    —
Buffalo_6 wrote:
Hi folks,

I am new here, but a long-time CC-series player who has done some limited mods in the past with CC3-CC5. I stress the word "limited."

I recently downloaded the "Stalingrad, der Kessel" mod and I really like it. In fact, I like it so much that I will no doubt play it several times.

My question relates to the topic -- how do I go about altering the force pool composition and/or unit limits in this mod? I am thinking about making some "what if?" scenarios for myself based on this mod.

Is this feasible, or is this in the "too hard to do box" for a relative novice.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Edge Gibbons
COL, Infantry
US Army

Hi,

Squadleader is right, even if -personaly- I prefer to use QClone.

Be just careful that ifg you change anything either in BGroups or FPools, you will be obliged to begin a new campaign to "see" your changes.

Happy to see that you like SDK. THe v2.0 version, VERY MUCH IMPROVED, will be available in 3 or 4 weeks.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1