Entrenchment
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

#1: Entrenchment Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 pm
    —
Hello Dima,

I really like your mod. But i miss entrenchment for my troops. How can I put entrenchment back on?

I agree that entrenchment for guns is not very usefull, but it is possible in elements.adb to increase the values. For soldiers however I find entrechment in CCV very usefull.

Rgds,

Gunnar

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:59 pm
    —
entrenchment graphic in CC5 did not alter anything. If you right click on the newly dug entrechment it still has the same height than the ground next to it.

Entrechment data is set in the map file. Therefore only regular trenches on the map make any difference.

In the upcoming TRSM version some maps will be tweaked to eliminate GJS map issues regarding trench cover...

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:14 am
    —
But...AFAIK "newly dug entrenchment" gives you great cover.

#4:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm
    —
Quote:
But i miss entrenchment for my troops. How can I put entrenchment back on?

they were removed coz i don't like the idea that u can spot enemy trenches pretty easy and kill infantry inside them one by one with area fire.

Quote:
I find entrechment in CCV very usefull.

well, they can be returned in v097, we'll c Smile.

Quote:
In the upcoming TRSM version some maps will be tweaked to eliminate GJS map issues regarding trench cover...

only preset trenches on some maps were recoded.

#5:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:06 pm
    —
IMHO unit dug trench emplacement negatives outweigh the positives. Firstly, defended map trench emplacements automatically give away where you're units are. Though trenches give some cover, it's not great, and you're better off having units "hiding" in the bushes vs. "covered" in a trench that the enemy is just going to force fire on once they spot them. The more common tactic for players is to sneak units out of the trenches a few meters to avoid the inevitable force fire.

Embedded trenches that are part of the map landscape are great, but unit dug trenches aren't useful.

Please leave them out.

#6:  Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 pm
    —
I second the post by Mac......

Game trenches are just bullet magnets, whenever I attack into a 'new' map the first thing I try to spot are these give-aways. They can then be force fired on by tanks to flush out the enemy infantry, they also give a pretty good idea of where his forces are located.

Defending I always try to aviod areas where my units would dig them, and if I do find anyones who has dug one I vacate it dammed sharpish.

As for the gun pits of death, they are just totally useless IMO.

One of the best features of TRSM to my mind is the lack of these trenches and gun pits, personally I would like to see it carried across other mods.

Cheers
Ronson

#7:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:46 am
    —
How about putting terrain "roofs" graphics over the entrenchments...crude...but should work.

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1