gamespy crapping out
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: gamespy crapping out Author: Patronus PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:20 am
    —
THis is a bunch of bull#*$%. I have been trying to play CC5 online through gamespy arcade. I can install the program fine, and I can even get to the main page, but I cannot reach the CC5 player lobby, nor can I play games with anyone. I have the free version, and I think gamespy purposely makes it crappy in order to get you to buy the upgraded version. I cant chat with anyone, I cant even load the pages showing the different chat lobbies, anyone else have the same problem?

Ok basically I cant play CC5 on gamespy. I really want to play some other people. Is gamespy still the primary multiplayer platform, or is there another way to play cc5 online? Do I need to take down the firewall in order to play online? I am looking for some opponents.

Last edited by Patronus on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2:  Author: pzjagerLocation: Paris PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:17 pm
    —
CC has to be played against AI.

SDKDK is the answer

PJ

#3:  Author: ZAPPI4Location: Belgium Liege PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:54 pm
    —
hamachi, battle HQ support CC. The zone got a all game room as well .

#4: Re: gamespy crapping out Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:36 pm
    —
Patronus wrote:
Ok basically I cant play CC5 on gamespy.

Sounds like you got vista but you dont have service pack 1 installed... I had the same situation until SP1 was released in april. Check your windows update if its installed or not.

#5:  Author: RD_RoachLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 am
    —
If behind a firewall,you may need to manually open the port forwarding for GS or as some do,just turn the firewall off when playing(not recomemded but works).

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1