I hate the AI :/
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: I hate the AI :/ Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:07 pm
    —
So, CC has great squad behaviour algorithms, but sometimes they fail. And I hate when they fail.

Here's a list of things that really piss me off:
1. So, here's that impassible wall that blocks the line of sight. When I deploy my troops they do everything to not stand by the window.
2. Troops near the impassible wall seek cover before firing. Seeking cover usually means seeking position from which they can't see the enemy.
3. Troops are ordered to move out of building. They get lost in two room house.
4. Great heroes are assaulting a group of enemy unarmed civilians (or any other normal enemy). When they are upon the enemy they drop to the ground and seek cover before attacking only to be butchered by a single civilian (no firearms, morale 0, experience 0) with a kitchen knife.
5. Soldiers get assaulted and suppressed by a single soldier. With a bayonet. Then whole squad is wiped out in ten seconds.
6. Squad notices an enemy five meters from them and there's no cover near. Instead of shooting they start seeking cover. And get butchered.
7. Troops assault an enemy position. In a column formation.
8. A Rifle Squad gets an order to fire at technical. RPG guy seeks cover, aims, status says that he's firing, doesn't fire, seeks cover, aims, status says that he's firing, doesn't fire, seeks cover, aims, status says that he's firing, doesn't fire for about two minutes until the unit is noticed by the technical crew and destroyed in two minutes of HMG fire.

I hate that AI :hitler !!!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1