kill rating and blast rating
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: kill rating and blast rating Author: Roel PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 pm
    —
I'm working on some data modifications, I found some info in the forum, but I'm still a bit confused:
what exactly is the relationship between kill rating and blast rating?

From what I've read, I assume that kill rating is the value used when a hit is obtained, and blast rating (together with blast radius) is used when there's a (near) miss or if area fire is used. Is this correct?

Thanks & regards,

Roel

#2:  Author: PolemarchosLocation: Polemarchopolis PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:06 pm
    —
you assume correct.

blast rating is tricky though since damage must decrease concentricly and be affected by ground obsticles and i am pretty sure cc-engine can not take all of that accurately into account.

a fine example for that is that a churchill shell too often kills half of your squad with indirect fire through two stonewalls, which is not impossible but realtively rare.

#3:  Author: Roel PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:25 pm
    —
Polemarchos wrote:
you assume correct.

blast rating is tricky though since damage must decrease concentricly and be affected by ground obsticles and i am pretty sure cc-engine can not take all of that accurately into account.

a fine example for that is that a churchill shell too often kills half of your squad with indirect fire through two stonewalls, which is not impossible but realtively rare.

Thx for your reply. (Dima PMd me the same explanation)
The reason I asked is that in some mods, the blast rating is higher than the kill rating, which doesn't seem to be logical to me...
Regards,

Roel

#4:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 am
    —
Explosion damage is weird.

Sometimes a single HE tank shell can kill whole team and sometimes it can land atop a soldier (lying in poor cover), create a crater under him and not kill anyone.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1