Inherited Nazi Flag
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Inherited Nazi Flag Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 pm
    —
I recently inherited a Nazi flag. My wife's grandfather passed it on to me. Her grandfather served in the Engineer Corps creating airfields behind the front lines. He landed in Sicily and Italy working his way North. He took it off a building in Naples in 1943 or 1944. Anyways its very interesting to see the flag and imagine where it came from. It measures about 3ft by 5ft and is in excellent condition. He told me the guys on the ships going back to the USA stole his other souveniers!

Anyone else have a piece of history?

#2:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 am
    —
I should get one too. Smile

#3:  Author: junk2driveLocation: Arizona PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:25 am
    —
An ashtray made from a flak shell. Brass, about 2" tall. Some numbers on the bottom,
8,8 cm Flak 18 P150 1938
My father in law was a machinist in North Africa, US Army Air Corp.

#4:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:34 am
    —
Kar 98K (bcd 4)

Surplus shipment came into the local shop.

#5:  Author: asiantuntija PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm
    —
My grandfather fought in Finnish army against Soviet union in winter war(1939) and continuation war (1941-1944) The only object from hes loot that has been herited to me is a russian gramophone.

It looks something like this, but of course is not original Hes masters voice

#6: I got Author: Wastemoreland PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:11 am
    —
A picture of where I live taken by the Kriegsmarine. Embarassed

#7:  Author: Tippi-SimoLocation: Helsinki PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:21 pm
    —
^ why are you ashamed?

And Mooxe, just put that flag somewhere in your apartment. Eventhough it can be a naughty thing to do, but you can´t still say that it isn´t something beautiful as graphic wise.

#8:  Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:28 pm
    —
I have a piece of chalk from the Grange tunnel at Vimy Ridge. Not as good a sflag, but something I am proud to have.

#9: souviners Author: AT_von_Manstein40Location: St. Louis, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 am
    —
Mom's ucle Dutch brought back this helmet from Europe. What's interesting is that it is black and made out of aluminum. I'm guessing it's either a parade helmet or a non military helmet such as a policeman's. I've heard a story about how he beat a German soldier to death with a grappling hook and another about how he hosed a whole barnfull of prisoners he was guarding because he had briefly dozed off and woke up as one was coming at him with a knife. The other pictures are grandpa's ww1 medics kit. Dad served aboard combat cargo USS Thuban in the pacific theatre in ww2 but did'nt bring back any souviners.

IM000133.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  739.75 KB
 Viewed:  5208 Time(s)

IM000133.JPG

IM000119.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.42 KB
 Viewed:  5208 Time(s)

IM000119.JPG

IM000123.JPG
 Description: