Huge map related bug! (Need fix immediately!)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

#1: Huge map related bug! (Need fix immediately!) Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 pm
    —
I just tried your mod and this happens.
Is there a fix. It's very stupid to attack from west! It's completely insane, and unhistorical.

nimetön2.jpg
 Description:
bug
 Filesize:  298.23 KB
 Viewed:  4988 Time(s)

nimetön2.jpg

nimetön.jpg
 Description:
bug
 Filesize:  328.73 KB
 Viewed:  4988 Time(s)

nimetön.jpg

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 pm
    —
This happened to me in GJS 4.4 also on this same map. Mikwarleo told me it had smething to do with strategic movement of units around this map.

#3:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
This happened to me in GJS 4.4 also on this same map. Mikwarleo told me it had smething to do with strategic movement of units around this map.

The troops didn't even move in the strategic map, exept for the paras.

#4:  Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:19 am
    —
I didn't get that problem, strange!?. My men started on the beaches, as they should. Confused

#5: Re: Huge map related bug! (Need fix immediately!) Author: Roel PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:58 am
    —
Searry wrote:
I just tried your mod and this happens.
Is there a fix. It's very stupid to attack from west! It's completely insane, and unhistorical.

We experienced the same thing in our recent H2H campaign.

If it happens right after strategic movement, it is probably related to saving and going back to the command screen (as you normally do to avoid BG forcepool problems). After strategic movement, you should immediately proceed to the first battle, without saving and going back to the command screen (see also the CC5 strategy guide http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122).

If it happens later during the turn, it's probably unavoidable: Allied BGs will try to enter from an "entry" VL in the east, unless you already control an adjacent map (don't know if there needs to be a friendly major supply depot or not). In that case, they will enter as if coming from that adjacent map.

Cheers,

Roel

#6:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 am
    —
Searry,

1. there is special thread for bugs/flaws - TRSM v097 bug thread

2. there is a readme posted here that should be read carefully to avoid stupid questions.

Quote:
The troops didn't even move in the strategic map, exept for the paras.

same readme i ment, tells:
GC TRSM - 5/6Para(at Pegasus from start) can cause CC5 bug - if it moves at first turn and captures Benouville, 9/3 Brit will enter Ouiserham from Benouville instead of sea. I can c only 2 solutions for now:
1)don't move 5/3Para at turn 1.
2)german player should intercept 5/3Para with 192/21pz at turn 1.

Quote:
It's very stupid to attack from west! It's completely insane, and unhistorical.

after the GC has started with you as the commander u make yer own history (even if it is stupid and insane Wink).
it happend becoz u captured Juno Beach first battle, so yer BG entered Coursavelle from the Allied (green) map.

Picture, that yer BG that had to land in Cours and sustain hvy losses (as it's damn hard to attack that town from sea) landed on cleared Juno Beach and moved toward Cours.

#7:  Author: SearryLocation: Finland PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm
    —
A little overreation always gives the best results. Thanks guys.

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1